1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Point Of Impact

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KelleyPLK, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

I am having one serious time finding the correct method for establishing my Sietz proper Point of impact from Long yardage . I put spacers in doesnt help take them out doesnt help shooting targets , Im wondering whata true and give approach to universal Point of impact for 25 1/2 yards ? On Paper its same as my K 80 shooting a whole lot different ? Had new stock made by the Master Stockman . Tom Smith . Magnicient Job need some slight adjustments where can I start .

Thank You

Pat Kelley non adjustable 80/20 rib .

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Set the trap machine on straight aways and start shooting from station #3. Put in the tightest choke you have. Make adjustments until you are ink balling the targets. HMB

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Pat ......Shoot at paper,offhand, from a distance of about 15 yds. Measure how far up,down,right or left the center of the pattern is from your point of aim{Point of aim should be at 6 O'clock ,using a 3-4 inch diameter bullseye}. Make the gunstock adjustments to bring the center of pattern to the point of aim. Shoot again after adjustments are made.This centers the pattern but you don't yet have the height above the point of aim you need for a good POI. Then move back to 32 yds{the distance at which most targets are broken in 16 yd Trap}.Shoot carefully at a fresh paper target from 32 yds,supported{benchrest}.Shoot one shell at a time and check the center of the pattern each time. The idea is to get the center of the pattern approx 12 " directly above your point of aim at 32 yds.Make any additional gunstock adjustments necessary.Then shoot again to confirm. This will establish the correct Point of Impact.With the system HMB proposes, above....you have no idea where your pattern is going, so how could you know what adjustments to make......that system is NOT accurate enough. If you hit the target, there's no way to know what part of the pattern hit it.

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Oh yes.....Use the same choke you will use when shooting.....not the tightest one you have!

5. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Have you asked Tom ? He's not only a master stockman ...but a good shooter?

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Hipshot 3 you do not have a clue. HMB

7. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

IMHO HMB has it exactly right. Paper is a basic start, if you must, but breaking birds is where it really is at.

JON

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Pull all of this together, and you will get it shooting. Go back to Tom and tell him what you are trying to achieve.

9. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

I was shooting in a very windy conditions last weekend . I shoot k-80 well most all the time . First I will take my Sietz to the paper raise the gun Higer than K 80 Master shooter has explained that to me 400x400 type Guy ! I will repot back in a day or so !

Thank YOU All So very Much for imput !

Pat Kelley

10. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

I was shooting in a very windy conditions last weekend . I shoot k-80 well most all the time . First I will take my Sietz to the paper raise the gun Higer than K 80 Master shooter has explained that to me 400x400 type Guy ! I will repot back in a day or so !

Thank YOU All So very Much for imput !

Pat Kelley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best point of impact for live bird shooting

correct point of impact for trapshooting

point of impact for trap shooting
point of impact trap shooting
trap shooting point of impact