1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

point of impact on sct-1 perazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lovethesport, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

hi__looking to buy a used one --owner says gun shoots 70-30--did perazzi makes barrels that shot high or could this be a function of the comb position---

it is not possible for me to shoot the gun in person---

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Hard to say. One person's 70/30 doesn't mean it'll be 70/30 to you.

On a fixed rib/stock gun, POI really depend on how you mount it, all my Perazzis shoot approx. 60/40 if I see figure 8. I have some Pigeon guns with high stock that shoots 10" high at 25 yard, I can see 1/2" between the beads.

3. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

hi steve--i agree-

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Can you elaborate more on the model SCT-1 Have not heard of this model of Perazzi.

TM-1, MX-8, Etc.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. shark1

shark1 Member

1st, Great gun! IMHO, this is the gun that does it for me, because you can shoot ATA, flyers, Bunker, ZZ, ect. The chokes on these guns are hand finished, and the gun probably shoots approx 70/30 (pushing it, give or take). This model is AKA Comp 1. Mike Sharkey, DC

6. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

mike--it has turned out to be a comp 1 and the seller also said it shoots 70/30 --- was the high poi built into the barrels or is it a function of the stock position

7. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

My old one was about 70/30. HJH

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

LoveTS, everyone selling says everything is 70/30. That's the best chance to sell the gun, after all. Why say anything else?

The rib is flat. So that's not going to make it shoot 70/30. Look down the barrel and see if it looks bent up. (Read the rings). If not, that's not going to make it shoot 70/30 either.

Every flat-ribbed Perazzi over-and-under I've owned, and I'm sure it's over a dozen, just shot flat with the top barrel.

What's wrong with shooting flat?

Neil

9. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

neil----i prefer and wanted flat shooter 50-50--i did not buy it as the seller said it is 70/30 with a fig 8

10. shark1

shark1 Member

Lovethesport, I had to raise the comb with a Cheek-ezz pad 1/4". I had the beads changed speed bump center (home made), and very small front. Lastly I shoot a 13, 7/8"th LOP. Take it for what it is. Is the gun a type 1,2,3? How is the wood, (most stock originals are cracked)? Great gun, but you gotta get it right! Mike Sharkey, DC

11. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

depends on comb height and the shape of your face.

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Did the seller tell you it shoots 70-30 because he thought that's what you wanted to hear?

13. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

i was late in replying to the sller--gun is sold---life

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.