1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POINT OF IMPACT ON O/U DIFFERENT ON TOP/BOT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BAD 303, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

What can be done to correct poi on the top barrel of a k-80?The bottom barrel is shooting 50/50 and the top barrel is 90/10.Can the top barrel be moved down?The gun is fixed choke and will bend it if possible.Any ideas?THANKS

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Go to a stock man first. Stock fit, recoil, pitch, and LOP, can all affect your POI. Hopefully you shot it on a good rest at 28 yards or less multiple times and checked your averages. Don't bend the barrels. Also check your hanger on the bottom barrel. You may have a flat shooting hanger on. Does the stock have an adjustible comb? They are almost always required on the K-80 for a O/U/ top or bot single fit.

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Stock fit is not the issue.I want both barrels to shoot 50/50.A hanger will not move the top barrel poi.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear BAD

It sounds as though the barrel was set for trap, singles with the top barrel, and dubs with top barrel first. Do you have a flat or step rib? Call Braxton at Krieghoff Intl', with firearm in hand, and talk to him.

5. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

First check your barrel hanger. There is a number on the hanger (it is usually on the "eye" side of the hanger. A #3 or #4 is common from the factory. Is it a new gun, or used? I use to shoot a #4 on doubles w/ 3 shims on the stock made it shoot 50/50. The hanger can raise the POI on the lower barrel, then lower your stock to 50/50 for the top barrel. Should have to lower your stock comb down 3/8" or more.

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Coach

It is a flat tapered rib and 34" long.

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

You must be trying it on Sporting?

8. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

You are correct about sporting thus the need for 50/50.I think adding chokes to the barrels would be another option to change poi.

9. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Interested in possibly trading for a K80 32" flat shooting barrel with choke tubes and . Does yours have choke tubes? Send me some pics and include some pics of the stock. Mine hase 13 Seminole chokes. Your barrel sounds like it might have been bent for the upper barrel to be that high. The 34" is a sporting barrel and as such should be flat.

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Thanks, Pat, for the right answer. I've been waiting for someone to mention the comb/ask BAD what he sees looking down the gun because no one can advise anything without knowing that.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.