1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Point of aim

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 46_trap, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 46_trap

46_trap TS Member

Fellow trapshooters,

I have the DryFire Squading simulator. If I select 60-40, I am smoking the targets. When I shoot regular trap, I am not a good shooter, I want to know how many inchs above the bullseye is 60%, so I can set the gun up, using 13 yards.

Ofcourse it could be the right eye cateract, which is going to go away on the 23rd.

Thank you in advance

Bud Keefer

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Shawn, I think, was thinking about 40 yards. At 13 yards, the one you plan to use, about an inch is more like it.

Neil

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Neil,
    What is the preferred 13 yard point impact for shooters standing at the 27 yard line? Any response would be appreciated.

4. 46_trap

46_trap TS Member

thqnks guys, I have the info I need and will be going to the Orangeville Trap Cub and set it to one inch at 13 yards.
    Ed Keefer

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

As a sidebar; I still have trouble with the 13yd test. Being so close I find it hard to get a measurement. Half the time the wad goes thru the hole and rips the sheet. Just so I'm doing this right. I'm bench resting @ 13yds. Full choke with my standard 16yd load. I'm measuring from the POA to the center of the POI. That measurment in inchs determines how high or flat the gun is shooting. Seems like I'm obliterating the sheet and having trouble find the center of anything on their, which I guess would determine that I have a relatively flat shooting gun. Dave T.

6. Neil Winston

DT, if you have backing behind the sheet -say a steel pattern plate - it does make a mess of things. Just hanging in the air, though, it should work.

Don't aim at a spot; aim at a cross with maybe one-foot arms; put the bead at the base of the cross. Even if the shot obliterates the exact crossing point, projecting from the ends of the lines will tell you where the cross was, closely enough anyway.

Neil

7. Neil Winston

I don't think there is a preferred POI for any distance, SP, as long as it's flat or a little high as a minimum. Downhill is death for almost everyone, but above that it's personal preference, speed, style, and availability, with a huge dose of questionable gun club advice thrown in.

Neil

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Thanks Neil; Your a gentleman and a scholar. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

point of aim trap shooting

trap point of aim

where is he point of aim when shooting trap