1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Point blank range

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Shooting Sailor, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

This, along with terms like "assault weapons, Saturday night special, gun(to describe ANY firearm)" etc., allow the hoplophobes to dictate the agenda. We buy into it when we allow them to describe all firearms as weapons, without pointing out that a firearm must be used in either a defensive or offensive manner against a person or animal to be described as a weapon.

Our use of correct terminology takes away the anti's position of superiority and invalidates much of what they say. If we prove them to be using incorrect and inflammatory terminology, it negates their position, and will, perhaps, make the general public who are uneducated about firearms and their use, question the whole position of the anti-firearms forces.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I have to laugh every time I hear a gunowner say crap like "he got shot at point blank range". I always ask, how far is that? Then you get the deer in the headlights look. Um, up close. I then tell them that the point blank range on my 25-06 is 300 yards for coyotes. More deer in the headlight looks.

It's like the made up term "assault weapons".

And don't kid yourself. It ain't just the anti-gunners and hoplophobes. There are a lot of Fudd gun owners who buy into this tyranny and elimination of rights as well. We've seen, and still see, them here on this very website. Some even proclaim themselves to be life NRA members, yet it's OK to ban the OTHER guy's gun.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    For anyone not sure what Point Blank Range really is, Wikipedia has a pretty good write up on it, including the history.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My point blank range for my 223 PD gun is 278 yards. At 100 it's 2.3 inches high.

HM