1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI Revisted

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Neil Winston, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Remingtons shoot about four inches higher and a bit to the left.

What kind of a question is that, Earl??

Neil

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Earl, it's all in your hand. Pressure against the barrel side of the forearm causes the Win. Super Handicap loads to torque away from that pressure and rise 5 inches high and right. Just opposite of Neils puny Rem loads. :)

Where did you read such nonsense? Hap

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Earl, I apologize for my post to you in such a way.

Assuming a shotguns barrel is truly straight, there's only one way to know for sure what a true POI is and thats to pattern it like you said. With that said, a 2-3/4 dr.load pattern, accurately measured from POA to the center of POI will measure the same as a 3-1/2 dr. load will out of the same shotgun. The patterns will certainly LOOK different! The heavy load will spread the pattern more making it appear to shoot lower when in fact, it's the same measured center to center from POA. So, you can't go by looking alone, you have to measure the results to know what's going on. Hap

4. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Not necc. related to POI but then maybe so,I noted something at my state shoot(Montana)this year,that I have never seen before. During the 16's & doubles very few new hulls were on the ground. It was a lot of the cheap shells. During the 2 main handicap event,lotta money,AA & STS predominated. Have not patterned them much 'cause I don't like'em. Too much recoil. Tom Lobonc