1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

So I'm drifting off to sleep a few hours ago and the though went through my head that since you always want to keep the bird above the bead in trap why would I want my gun to shoot anything other than 100/0. Right now it's shooting 70/30 and I'm doing pretty well with it but think of the possibilities! So, why shouldn't I change my POI today.

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Same reason ya didn't wanna change it yesterday.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Make it 200/0 and then you will shoot twice as good. You can hold at the front of the trap house and when the bird comes out you only have to move the gun left or right. HMB

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Because shooting "at" a bird is a lot easier, throughout the course of an event, than shooting under it.
    But there's no reason you shouldn't try it, if that's your question. In fact, you should, but you have to give anything like at a few events/practice sessions to get used to it. Keep track of the scores and you should know in a month or two if it is better for your (or not).

As far as I know, that's the only way to find out.

Neil

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

AT LAST, AT LAST!!! Finally a post by Neil that I can totally agree on. Simple, sensible, easy to understand common sense response that answers the question perfectly..... Nice post Neil..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'm in Neil's camp. It's far easier to point your finger directly at an object than some measurable number below or over it, consistently!

Hap

7. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

I'm sure that there are lots of good shooters with POI's higher than 100/0. That doesn't mean it's for you. If you're doing "pretty well", throw your adjustment tool away until you hit a wall with your scores.Then it may be time to raise your POI.

Ned