1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI Question for Doubles Shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ink ball, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ink ball

ink ball Member

For doubles, do you prefer to have the bottom barrel shoot a higher POI than the top barrel? If so, how much higher?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

It depends if you're shooting them both on the rise, or one at the rise the other at the peak.

I shoot them both on the rise so I prefer both barrels to shoot about the same (75/25 for me).

ss

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I like to trap the first bird. One advantage of shooting this way is that I can fine tune the POI of the second barrel without affecting the first shot. I have found this method really improves performance on the second bird. HMB

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I prefer both barrels shoot to the same POI. I owned a barrel set the shot the U barrel higher, and another that shot the O barrel higher. I had trouble with both.

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

My bottom barrel shoots 90/10 and the top 60/40, which works much better for me. I'm finally starting to shoot decent doubles scores. You need to experiment and find what works for you. Bill Malcolm

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Kay Ohye said on your doubles gun, you should be able to break 25 x 25 singles with it, using either barrel. If you can't, how could you expect to shoot 50 x 50 doubles?

Sounds like as good a piece of advice as you'll hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.