1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

poi problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcr1146, Jul 18, 2013.

1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I may or may not have a point of impact problem?! However, if upon patterning your trap gun, you find that you have a left or right problem, it is fairly easy to move the comb to correct this issue! However, once you move it, you are no longer looking down the center of the rib! The beads no longer line up! What do you do to correct this problem? Or, do you just try to ignore it? Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Tom--We had this dicussion (some-what) a few weeks ago. There are two things to look for...the first is where the GUN shoots. You are doing that by lining up the beads prior to the shot. The second is where you shoot the gun. In this case, if your gun mount is consistent, you can pretty much disregard the middle bead and move the comb where ever you want. This pertains more to the height of the shot, not so much for the windage.

Disregarding the middle bead and moving the comb left or right, you would only be looking at a very small amout of movement, because as you said, your eye will eventually NOT be center of the rib. This can be distracting.

I would have several other individuals "pattern" the gun also to verify your results. If its the same, then you definitely a windage problem with the GUN. You may have a bent barrel, a bad choke tube, bad machining of the barrel for the tube, or a fixed choke not cut concentric to the bore.

Doug

3. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Tom, you could take the middle bead off.

I had a choke in my Mach One that shot to one side. Changed the choke and all was well. If you find this to be the case, send the choke back for a replacement.

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

What Joe said. I've posted the procedure here many times. Do a search if you are interested. Basically, to find out if your gun and choke tubes shoot straight, you do it from a bench and rests and sight like a rifle. After you know your gun shoots straight, then you set POI standing like you would on the line.