1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI Perazzi MX-10 Top Single

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ps8182, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ps8182

ps8182 TS Member

What is a ball park range of POI one could expect from a Perazzi MX-10 top single w/adjustable rib. I was told that with the comb adjusted to a figure 8 site picture at each of the four rib adjustments you could expect from 60/40 to 90/10. Is this the POI others have experienced from this gun? Thanks

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I could not get 90/10 and Fig 8 with mine.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I was curious of the POI maximum on the MX-10 O/U Bbls which Bbl shoots the highest and How high can you ,make it shoot?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I have two over-singles. In very general terms, they shoot just a little - say two or three inches - above flat at their lowest POI setting. At the highest, a good deal higher than that. After struggling for years with rib and comb adjustments combined, I now just leave the rib to give the flattest POI and raise the comb to give me what I want, height-wise. Do it that way and there's no limit to how high you can go. If you do reach a limit, just make taller posts and keep going.

Neil

5. ps8182

ps8182 TS Member

I going to put the barrel on my mx-3 special or have it fitted to it. I've been raising the comb and ramping the rib for 20 years which is fine, but I want to try the higher rib to get my head up and just need a starting point as far as the rib adjustments go. Probably going to put it in the third notch (when I get the barel), which from what I gather may shoot in the 70% to 80% high range and work with the comb from there. I don't get to hung up on what the percentage is, just wanted to save some head scratching time if the gun was going to shoot 18" or 24" high in the third or forth notch.

Thanks
    Kelly Dunford

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Kelly, both the MX-10RS and the MX-10 single barrels have four notches. With the rib in the top notch in front (and bottom in rear), the gun should shoot 50/50 with the comb adjusted for buried beads, or flat down the rib. If you set the comb for fig-8 or stacked beads it will be a little higher.

For each notch you lower in the front, you add 2mm of spacers under the comb. That gives you the same bead alignment, and the combination raises POI by 4" @ 40 yards. Since you have three available notches, you can raise your POI by up 12" over what you had in the top notch.

The 2mm per notch rule (Perazzi) is only "required" if you want to see the same bead alignment. There is no law that says you have to do it that way. Each notch amounts to 1.5" by itself. Each 2mm of spacers amount to 2.5" by themselves. Together, they move POI by 4" @ 40. So if you are not hung up on bead alignment, you really can easily fine tune your gun in small POI steps; 1.5", 2.5" or 4" per notch. Plus there are two 1mm spacers (1.25") in the Perazzi set, so there is an additional fine tuning amount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx10 top singles