1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI, Patterning, impressive BROWNING service

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mercedesman1981, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

To all that have helped me,

Some notable names, Neil Winston, Pat Ireland, ZZT and a host of other generous folks, I want to thank you for helping me determine if I had a problem with my Browning XT. Shooting 13 yard POI targets and 37 yard Pattern targets revealed some significant problems adjusting the comb was not going to solve. I considered sending it to a barrel smith (I talked to Tom Wilkenson about it) and with cost of additional work, I got some time at the end of September to send my XT in to Browning along will many test targets to prove my point. Browning decided to replace the gun which just arrived today. I am highly impressed with Browning's service. I know there are stories out there because I have read them, however in this instance and without any argument, they replaced my defective XT with a new one, still in its box.

So as soon as I get over this pneumonia, it will be back to the ranges to see how this one shoots. I use an indoor pistol range for POI testing which takes much guesswork out that process, then over to my club range for Pattern testing.

Thanks again to all who have helped me.

Sincerely,

Mike

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I had the same results with the same issues about 2 years ago

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As an old Browning Factory Gunsmith, this does not surprise me at all.

One of my fellow shooters developed a problem with a Grade VI Combo. He sent it in, and they sent him a letter of intent to repair. It was going to have to go back to Japan. He called them and told them he bought a new gun, and did not want one that had been repaired (extensive repair).

They sent him a new one pronto. This man will NEVER bring anything to the Trap line but a Browning. Good choice!

This builds a customer loyalty that will last a lifetime.

4. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

While going through the problems with my XT, I decided to test another Citori I have had since the early 1980's. I found it to be exactly what I expected, it shoots a little high, about 60/40, with a nicely centered pattern. I always liked the way it fit and consequently broke a lot of targets with it, hence my choice for the XT. I also have my grandfathers A-5 - another nice shooting gun, and I have a .22 Buckmark pistol which was my starter gun for shooting Bullseye Pistol. What drove me a little crazy with the Buckmark is having to re-center the sights every time I tore it down for cleaning. My confidence in Browning began to waver with the XT, but no more. Browning stands behind their product and they have another life-long customer.

Mike

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Way to go Mike! Now you get to do it all over again with the new one. I really hope this one pans out. Keep us posted.

6. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Well,,,the Jury is still out on the Browning XT,,,I broke mine (after a time of problems), was returned to Browning by a gunsmith for me,,Just got the new XT Combo Wen. the 26th, the 915th shot was a FAILURE TO FIRE, maybe the shell, but I am not beliving it. That Perazzi Combo is looking better all the time. Time will tell.
    Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.