1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

POI on O/U

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rickster, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickster

Rickster TS Member

I am relatively new to the fine art of tuning for POI. I shoot a 3200 and found out it shoots almost exactly 50/50. I was told this could account for some of my "near misses" as my tendency is to shoot pretty quick on a fast rising bird, hence, I am too low.I shoot the bottom barrel for singles, obviously, but before I start messing with the stock etc, I have to ask "why not just shoot the top barrel?" Excuse my ignorance in all this. I think I am missing something obvious...Need some help from folks who know...
    Thanks in advance,
    Rick
  2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Active Member

Pattern both barrels to make sure they are the same POI and also shoot in the same place (they could be different). Then try both and shoot what works best for you. There is no right or wrong. There is always the exception to the rule. Bill Malcolm
  3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Try changing the barrel hanger to raise the POI up on the bottom barrel. That or just raise the comb height up on your gun if you want both barrels to shoot in the same place.

The reason most shoot the bottom barrel in singles is the choke is traditionally a little more open on the bottom barrel of a fixed choke gun. There are exceptionts to this, but your 3200 isn't one of them. And the felt recoil is deemed a bit softer as the barrel centerline is more inline with your shoulder.

ss
  4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Get an adjustable comb installed on the stock. Then you will be able to fine tune the elevation of the barrel by raising the comb a little at a time, until your hits are centered on the fast rising targets. HMB
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.