1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI low and pattern not good past 3 feet.........

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himark, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

So just recieved my 6 pack of bugasalt shotguns, already have made many kills but noticed a lack of knock down power past 3 feet. Check the POI and it is low. Going to try and add a comb and raise it a bit :) NOTE, pattern size at 20"

photobucket-12722-1351179233147.jpg

photobucket-1504-1351179189482.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47cWewVcfE4

2. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Did you take some kids X-mas present? Comb will not help you are not putting your cheek on it!LMAO Grandpa you opened the wrong present. Scott

3. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Pretty even pattern but a lot of gaps. Change tubes to a tighter choke.

Or maybe yer flinchin'. Think a release trigger might help?

4. himark

himark Well-Known Member

good point tanda...a release will surely be the way to go. TX :) BTW, these things are way to much fun, but wifes not to happy about salting up her house.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Got lots of stink bugs here that will let you get closer before you pull the trigger

6. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Pattern looks good for fly's, wasps etc but it could be a little open for skeeters and bull-gnats. I want one.

Bob

7. BD457

BD457 Member

himark,
    What salt are you using? My patterns are terrible compared to yours and I'm not scoring as many kills as I'd like. I noticed the barrel on mine is slightly covered by the barrel shroud and that was messing up the pattern, but it's still nowhere near as good as yours.

Mike

8. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Regular table salt for flys.. I switched to nutmeg for skeeters...you get a bit more coverage and you dont have to be much of a shot to kill the target ;)

9. shoobedoo

shoobedoo Member

This is brilliant, it may be made in China, but it took AMERICAN ingenuity to bring it to the fore. I just shot my first 50 straight flies today... LOLLL. I'm thinking that maybe finely crushed rock salt or brass polishing granules might make for a payload with a little more range and knockdown power for the larger beasties, say Hornets for example, if you miss one of those suckers, or just "wing" him, you could be in for some trouble.. LOLL. Just think, the possibilities are endless, I mean how long can it be before someone starts offering choke tubes for these that offer superior patterns..?? They could call this new enterprise "Briny" chokes. LOL BTW, no need for any fancy combs or adjustable ribs, just get a $3.99 laser pointer from Walmart duct taped on a convenient location and adjusted to set the POI dead on the "bird".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.