1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI how high?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

My 34" barrel shot about 55/45% high at 35 yds with the beads stacked in a tight figure 8. At 27 yd HC I had to completely cover the bird to be able to hit anything. Having a PFS with the Ultimate Comb I started raising the comb adjustment until I was getting good breaks seeing the bird stacked just on top of the rib. When I measured I found I had raised the comb 11/16". It will be some time before I have access to a pattern board. Based on the amount of comb change what would my new POI be? How many inches would the new POI have climbed? Thanks, Marc

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

If you raised the comb 11/16 inches from the place where it shot a couple of inches high, it will probably now shoot about 20 inches high.

Neil

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Neil, That is the exact POI increase I was hoping to achieve. "Experts" suggested I bend the barrel and install skewed choke tubes to be able to change the POI this much. I went as far as sending the barrel to a reputable barrelsmith but called it back before any work was done. Many on this site suggested that raising the comb was all that was needed. I had previously raised the comb 1/4" but not much change was noticed. At first glance raising the comb further appears to have been correct. Seeing that much rib between the beads does not cause me any problem although I intend to black out the mid bead with a Sharpie. My first round with the comb raised 11/16" was a 21X25 from the 27yd line with targets being hit really hard. Thanks, Marc

4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

You are on the right path to success.

Tom Strunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.