1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI for Singles vs Hcap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RHAT, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

Would like to get some thoughts on POI,....... is is a general rule that the same is used for singles and 25-27yd,????? and is 100% high considered 15" at 35 yards,... or .?????????

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

If the center of the pattern is 15 inches above the point of aim, at 40 yards, that would generally be considered a POI of 100% since a pattern is measured at30 inches in diameter as a general rule. As to POI of at the 16 yard vs handicap POI, some folks like to raise the POI slightly for handicaps (perhaps 3 inches, some more, others (like myself) do not change the POI at all. Do what works for you.

Jim R

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I talked to Nadine at Ljutic today and I asked her what is the POI on most of the guns that they are making and requested POI and she said 80/20 is the norm now.

Myself I shoot 115% high on both singles and hdcp.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

If I want to shoot the bird the same way at 25 yards as I do at 16, I must raise POI for handicap. Others do not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.