1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI for O/U XT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SirMissalott, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I have always been led to believe that in an O/U the bottom barrel shots to a higher POI any comments would be appreciated. I'm shooting a 30" XT with a MC stock and the bottom barrel seems to shoot higher (might be the shooter). Any and all help would be appreciated. Jim W

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

While some surely do, SMLT, surely as well some don't. The handful I've tested all shoot about straight. There's one way to tell - off a rest at 13 yards, many shots.

Neil

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I had some issues with my XT both straight shooter and high low. I did neils Ws method at 13yards played around with different chokes, after all I found MY xt to shoot straight, fairly flat and very little difference between O/U barrels. I did find 2 bad factory chokes in the process. Check it out. I have become a pattern junky in the process also. I like to check to get idea of what is going on out there. I have found the faster 1 1/8 loads I was shooting with my F choke seem to have a lot of fliers and loose edges, compared to my 1oz 1145fps im choke. I like what I see on paper. Give neils method a try. If you have some serious high power rifle shooters go to them for help. They have some nice gun rest. Although I got a good laughing from them they did help to proof out my gun was shooting straight. one guy had every kind of bore sighting gizmo also. from the universal stick into the end to the one that goes in the chamber. The heavy duty shooting vise/stand was key though.

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Thanks for the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.