1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI for new BT99's

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tburrey, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tburrey

tburrey Member

Does anyone know what the new BT99's POI is set up for at the factory when their made? I'm referring to the plain looking ones that retail for around 1500 bucks. I realize it'll be different for different shooters but have not got a reply from Browning on this question and I'm curious as to whether they shoot high. Thanks. Tom

2. tjcutter

tjcutter TS Member

Mine shoots about 60/40 which I think is pretty common for them.

Tom

3. major146

major146 Member

With a figure 8 sight picture mine shoots about 90/10.

4. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

mine shot very flat untill we put an adjustable comb on it. Now with a figure 8, it shoots with the front bead right on the bottom of the target. This it with an 1/2-3/4" raise of the comb.

5. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Mine is a 34", adjustable comb, code indicates 2005 manufacture.

With the comb set up 1/8" to give me 1 3/8" drop at comb, I get a 70/30 POI.

6. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I had a Gold Clays BT 99. Shot about 60/40 with the comb down and a figure 8. I think Browning would have done a better job of setting up the BT99's to shoot at least 80/20 with a perfect figure 8 as they are suppose to be strickly Trap Guns. Not all stocks will fit all people the same but the relationship of the mid bead and front bead should be set up for 70/30 or more in my opinion. Seems like all Brownings need about 1/4" plus between the beads to get a high enough pattern for trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.