1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI for Annies

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Grevin, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grevin

Grevin TS Member

Just wondering what thoughts you guys might have as to the most appropriate POI for shooting the Annie events. Wouldn't a somewhat flatter POI be more helpful in making those dropping backup shots?

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

that is probably true-but what fps are you going to shoot-- the best money guy i know shoots --1350 fps-90% poi-- his comment is- if you keep breaking you own rocks on the way up- nobody will beat you!!!-- they cant knock you out

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I would think a lower POI would be best. Maybe Neil can do a graph?

Depends if your the first shooter or 3rd.

4. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

Yes but, it's you cant have your cake and eat it too. Call bird you have to cover up and backups you'll have to be under with a flat gun. I shoot a high gun CG Summit unsingle 12-14 high at 40yds. I just hold a bit more under backups, still make 3rd and 4th shots alot.
    Thats what makes games so difficult your only in control on your call bird to shoot in your "zone". After that you have alot of things to analyze to make the shot!!

5. 20yard

20yard TS Member

I had come to this very conclusion shooting annies and scrap, a flatter shooting 60/40 provided much better result, helps with falling targets and the variation in length of shots in scrap from shooting next to the house to 30 yards plus. In shooting trap i prefer more vertical lead.

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I try to get POI on the bird. POA, on the other hand is different. Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.