1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI change ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tonygrz, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

Just picked up an inexpensive O/U field gun. The way I put it up to my shoulder, I see all the rib. As a matter of fact, if it had a middle bead, it would be a perfect "8". I threw some clays behind the house and I missed most all of them. Then I went to my pattern board. Eventhough the sight picture would indicate a high shot, it patterned about six inches low. How do I fix it??? Do I raised the stock up or down???

Thanks for your responses.

Tony G. (Texas)

PS. I think there's another person that signs Tony G also.

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

3. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

Thanks for the short answer. I went back to check the other posts on POIs and I really just got confused. I'll try raising the stock using moleskin or something else and see if that helps.

Thanks again.

Tony G (Texas)

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

If you have choke tubes, try a different one. They are quite often eccentric. It is unusual to see the entire rib and have the gun shoot low unless there is a problem with the barrel, or convergence, or the choke(s). Try the other barrel also.

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Tony, you need to raise the comb. You can do that with an adjustable comb or you can use a stick on Cheek-Eez pad. The adjustable comb will run $150-175. The pad will cost about $12. The pads come in different thinknesses. Experiment a bit with your moleskin or even taped on cardboard in order to find the right height, then buy that thinkness of pad.

6. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

Thanks for the straight forward suggestions. The other post about POI was just too technical. I'll try your suggestions - especially changing chokes and see what that does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.