1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

poi at 13 yrds

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by W.P.T., Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

75/25 ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Just a guess ???? It is 8.07 inches at 35 yards.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Call it somewhat high. If it an underbarrel, high rib, or unsingle, a bit higher than that.

Neil

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Dave, my TMX shoots about like your gun somewhat high. From the 27 yard line when I shoot at a straight away I put the front bead just under but I cannot honestly tell you if that "just under" is 2 inches or 10 inches. I use a release trigger and at the moment of truth my barrel is still moving vertically and horizantally. I have been shooting this gun for 20 years so I learned where it shoots on lots of targets. I'm afraid to buy a new gun with an adjustable rib because I am a tinkerer and I probably could not set it up at my age.

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Are you using it as a reference point? If so, go see how you are breaking targets and change the POI as needed in order to smoke the target. If you are taking out the bottom of the target raise the POI, ie adjust the comb up. If you are taking the top of the target off lower the POI ie adjust the comb down. Get someone who shoots well and understands what you are tring to accomplish to look at your targets. DON"T try to judge it yourself.

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

You should shoot at least 2000 targets before making any changes after your initial setup .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.