1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POI again

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by edthearcher, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

I have read with great intrest lately on the articles on point of inpact. I will be getting a SKB next week with an adjustable rib, so I need a little help, or maybe I should say a lot of help. I understand that it is adjustable from 50/50 up to 90/10. so if I set up my pattern target at 13 yards, and get my impact point. where do I go from there, the rib or the comb. keep it simple please. but put me in the right direction thanks ED

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Shawn's way works just fine. Bear in mind that moving the rib also changes POI, so you have to readjust. Just set the POI up for between 2" and 3" high at 13 yards, then go to the line to shoot. That's where you will be doing your important adjusting. Once you've got it set up so you are smoking targets, go back and shoot for POI at 13 yards again, and record the results. Now you have a reference you can always return to after experimenting, etc.

For a how to on setting your new gun up from scratch, read this thread. http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/sthread.cfm?ThreadID=175188#266657

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

edthearcher if you are buying a new gun or if it comes with a manual do by all means follow all instructions and you should have no problem setting it up if you listen to to much information on here it will only become confusing. JMO

Bob Lawless

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Shawn's right. Follow his lead.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like the advice from zzt. The 13 yard POI from a rest may or may not indicate where you shoot the gun from the line. Where the gun shoots is not the same thing as where you shoot the gun.

Pat Ireland

6. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

thanks guys for thr advice shawn, zzt, and pat. I copyed zzt web pages and will study them. at 71 I just got back into trap shooting 2 years ago, after a 35 year lay off we didnt use chokes than. thanks ED