1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POCATELLO TELL ME ABOUT SKYLINE IDAHO SHOOT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ric3677, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I have an Idaho State shoot program card in front of me.....and it lists Skyline on the 14th and 15th. That being said, I don't live in Idaho so I don't know if it has been cancelled or not. Not much help.

Rickyd

2. SteveT

SteveT Member

John: The June, Skyline ATA trap shoot has been cancelled. They do not have any more ATA shoots scheduled this year.
    Steve Taylor

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

John, every time I've gone to a Skyline shoot in the last ten years I've sworn to myself I won't go back. I've kept the resolution for about three or four years now. There are still a couple of guys I like associated with the Club - Ed Johnson and Fred Hays are two, but for the most part the guys running the Club are sporting clays shooters who don't care about trap. When I've gone there will be at most five or six squads of singles, scheduled to start at 9 AM, and it will be afternoon before the singles are done. By the time everything is done it's late afternoon. I could understand it if we were talking 20 squads, but not 20 shooters. The targets will be set very inconsistently from field to field, the machines often break down, sometimes the help doesn't have a clue - it's just not a fun experience. There are quite a few others I could name who no longer go to Skyline, even some who live in Idaho Falls.

I hope to see you at our shoot in a couple of weeks.

Larry

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Larry, is your Portland nephew doing any shooting or even any hunting?

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Brian, I don't know whether he has been shooting. I have entered us in the drawing for a controlled cow elk hunt in November. We should hear within a few days whether we drew. If we do, I'll likely have him come over again in August for a few weeks and we'll get in a fair amount of both trap and rifle practice.

Larry

6. zap

zap TS Member

THE SKYLINE CLUB WITH RESPECTS TO TRAP SHOOTING WHETHER ITS A NORMAL DAY OR A FORMER REGISTERED EVENT IS A TOTAL JOKE. NO ONE THERE SADLY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT TRAP SHOOTERS. THEY JUST WANT TO RUN AROUND ON THEIR FANCY 4 WHEELERS OUT TRYING TO SHOOT SPORTING CLAYS OR 5 STAND ETC. IT IS REALLY SAD AS I HAVE GIVEN UP TRAP SHOOTING SINCE I MOVED TO IDAHO SEVERAL YEARS AGO (RIGBY) AND SOLD MY GUNS BECAUSE IN MY AREA THE CLUBS DONT GIVE A HOOT ABOUT TRAP SHOOTING OR FOR THAT MATTER THEIR MEMBERS OTHER THAN A SMALL SELRCT GROUP (CLICK) THATS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO BREAK INTO. I KNOW I TRYED BY JOINING BOTH SKYLINE AND THE POCATELLO CLUB AND WAS MADE TO FEAL LIKE A TOTAL OUTSIDER. VERY SAD SITUATION

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.