1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pocatello ATA Shoot Saturday February 7

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pocatello, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Next Saturday, program starts at 10, registration starts at 9, program at the link above.

2. racer

racer TS Member

What's the shooting like out there? Lots of wind? Mountain back grounds? I was in Brigham City and Tremonton earlier this week house hunting, but didn't get a chance to check out to the gun clubs in the area. Looks like a fair amount of places to shoot registered targets within a couple hours...See you soon!Dan

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

The traps face NE, with a flat plain in the background. The prevailing wind is from the SW, and can be strong at times. I'll post a weather forecast as we get closer to the weekend. My recollection of the weather for last year's shoot on the corresponding date was that it was not great, not as good as the previous two years, and attendance was off a little. All the shooters were local, which is not common. Usually we get at least a few from Utah or the Boise area.

Steve Taylor mentions in the "Moving to Idaho" thread that competition is tough in the area. Last year, in tough conditions, we had 21 shooters for the doubles, with a high of 94 and seven scores of 90 or above. We had 39 shooters in the singles, with two 99s, a 98, five 97s, and twenty scores 90 or above. We had 26 shooters in the handicap with a high of 95 and nine scores in the 90s. It was our only shoot all year where any punch would not have been automatically punched for score anyway. The reason for the much larger number in singles than the other two events was a fair number of SCTP kids who shot only singles.

Be sure to come see us when you come to the area to stay.

4. racer

racer TS Member

Thanks for the info- I hope to be out there before the Idaho state shoot. Dan

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

The weather is holding nicely. Teens overnight, thirties during the day, not much wind.

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

According to NOAA, current as of an hour ago, the temperature is 8 with calm winds. Their station is less than a mile from the Club. The forecast for Saturday is "A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Northeast wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%."

Should be a good day for shooting.

7. dfm

dfm Member

Remember, the t-shirts sold at the pocatello club have the inscription "the wind is your friend" stenciled on the back.

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Current conditions from 6:53 AM MST: 33 degrees F, with SSW winds about 10 mph.

Forecast: Tonight: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. South southeast wind between 7 and 11 mph.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 36. East northeast wind around 8 mph.

These are from the NOAA station at the airport, less than a mile from the Club.

We'll be open for registration about 9 AM with doubles to start at 10. We'll have buckles as trophies in the doubles, A through D, Lady, and Vet, and Shamrock Leather shell box holders in singles (A through D, Lady, Vet, Junior) and handicap (18-23.5, 24-27, Lady, Vet).

Last year at the corresponding shoot with 40 shooters entered (21 in doubles, 39 in singles, 26 in handicap) we paid out nearly $1000 in options. It appears that the weather will be better tomorrow than it was last year.

It's time to get out of the house and go shoot!

9. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

The forecast for tomorrow is the same as it was this morning. Today it got up into the mid 40s My truck read 45 on my way home at 5 PM, and a bank sign read 47. I'm ready to shoot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.