1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pmc primers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

i can acquire a bunch of these for 95.00 for 5000 , they were made in russia, how do they preform??

bill

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

seems like from my research pmc is now wolf is this correct??

bill

3. roger stoddard

roger stoddard TS Member

I had a chance to pick some of these PMC primers for $75/5000 a few years ago. I shot every one of them with no problems what so ever. The firing pin indentation was not as deep as with US made primers, but they worked fine in my 870. Would love to find more, care to name the dealer? Roger

4. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

I have used quite a few and would use more if I could get them at a good price . "Reports" state that the Wolf primers are the same as the PMCs ; if that is correct then the cheaper of the two would be my choice if Fiocchis are more expensive .

Use your best judgment .

Charlie

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Good primers. About the same as a Win 209. HMB

6. Chuckbuster

Chuckbuster TS Member

Bought 20,000 two years ago. I paid 69.95 a brick at fin fur feathers in ashland Ohio. They have performed great. Wished I"d bought 50,000. If I remember, they went like hotcakes at that price. This is probably the time when Wolf took over. Now they are Wolf. Haven"t seen them since.

7. qshot

qshot TS Member

Recob's target shop has them click on their fio. primer link they are their in that part of their site. Charlie

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I still have 5000 left and got them for $17 per 1000 . Never had a bad one but can`t find them here in NJ so I`ll have to stick to the next cheapest ones that would be Fiocchi`s at $22 per 1000 .

9. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

schanz supply co. in michigan has the wolf for $80/5000,1-269-692-2897

10. johns6

johns6 TS Member

To you that have used the PMC/Wolf primers, did you just load them using Winchester 209 recipes? Or is there some published data for the PMC primers?

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

johns6

I haven't seen any reliable data for the PMC or Wolf shotshell primers. The best bet is to load some and send them out for pressure and velocity testing. That's the only way to know for sure. Is it worth a quarter a box to risk the chance of running higher than normal pressures? That's up to the individual. I'd treat them as the hottest primer listed for a given set of components and stay on the conservative side. I can't tell you if they will work well in cold weather either. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Never seen published data for PMC primers. I use Win 209 data. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pmc 209 primers

pmc primers