1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pls post pictures of your painted pfs---

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lovethesport, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

looking to get some inspiration and ideas on color schemes-----thank you

2. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dipped, not painted.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Keep them coming. Those are some mighty fine looking guns there boys.

4. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

For my Kolar combo.

5. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

i am gonna paint mine orange with green flames---just like the color of the supra in fast and furious----

need a forend --english or beavertail asap__

6. Mark S

Mark S TS Member

Just sent my old ljutic out for a dip. Hope it looks half as good as the one SHOTSHELL posted. Will post a picture here when I get it back from the magic tank man.

Mark

7. SPRINTBENDER

SPRINTBENDER Member

I just painted the stocks on my kids trap guns… It will be a while before they get PFS stocks since I have to buy everything in pairs. The TM1 is House of Kolor, Candy Apple Red over silver with silver sequins. The BT99 is Candy Purple over silver with rainbow sequins. The sequins give them the “Bass Boat Flake” effect. I did the purple BT-99 for my daughter last week, and did the red TM1 yesterday. I had to do "his" and "hers" to be fair.

I painted their guns since the kids shoot SCTP, AIM and Five Star. At those shoots there are tons of identical BT99's everywhere. Nobody will pick them up off the rack by accident now!

sprintbender_2008_10031.jpg

sprintbender_2008_10032.jpg

8. sagedog

sagedog TS Member

I am getting ready to redue my tm1 and I am intrested in painting I have know Idea how to go about it. Are you having the wood done by a pro and if so where do you go. How is the durability? Lots of questions? Help.
    Thanks
    Tom

9. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Those are all awesome! Something to be proud of for sure! I wish I was doing this when I was a teenager. Good job guys.

10. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I know a great airbrush artist, did my Harley, PM me if anyone wants contact info, his shop is in Okiehomie.

Rick

11. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

i always thought one painted up like a terminator would be cool, especially with the pfs polished metal

12. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I have always had a weakness for Candy red.....nice job.

Rick in MT

13. SPRINTBENDER

SPRINTBENDER Member

Sagedog,

I manage my families Body Shop and I’m using the same PPG automotive paint we use on our cars. It is very durable just like the finish on your car. On those two I sanded them and sealed them sprayed them all silver. For the candy I spray 2 coats of House of Kolor Candy Concentrate in some urethane clearcoat. Then I sprayed another coat of clear with the sequins so they’re not completely buried under the candy and follow it with one more coat of candy. Then I clear it with two more coats of clearcoat and let it sit over night. The next morning I color sand the clear with 800 grit paper because the sequins make the finish rough and orange pealy. Then I put two more coats of clear on it and it’s done. All the clear makes it like glass.

The first one I did a couple years ago, I found out the hard way the not to bake the stocks with my spraybooth because the wood is porous. When it baked the first one I did a few years ago, I got a couple bubbles in the clear. It was no big deal I just color sanded them out the next day and re-cleared them. We use heat on the cars all the time because it speeds up the cross linking of the iso-cyonates in the clear and makes the clear hard real fast. Since I don’t bake them now, after a few days the finish is very tough. With all the clear, if they get a minor scuff I just color sand and polish and it looks like new again.

Vern

14. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Shotshell:
    Is the metal on your PFS gold or is that the lighting?
    If so, how'd that get done?

Very nice looking PFS. Like the wood grained dip.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

15. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

My wood dip color from Vern Brown at PFS.

16. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

17. Bridger

Bridger Member

The guys at the gun club call it my bowling ball gun!
    bridger_2008_0303.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bowling ball orange paint job