1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pledge in court...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Sep 3, 2013.

1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/09/sjc_to_weigh_wording_of_pledge

So if you disagree don't take the pledge or modify it as YOU say it.

Why make the majority of God believers in this nation miserable when you can adapt it yourself? Progressives, you are not the majority.

It's all about me right?

Would you take the Mona Lisa and paint a mustache on her because you like masculine looking women?

Would you give the statue of David a sex change operation because that is your preference?

You rights stem from your ability to not say God and not be admonished for it.

If you do not assign a value to the word God, being an athesist and all, then it has no meaning at all for you. It has only the value you put to it so don't say it and ignore it when others do.
    You won't get your head lopped off if you personally don't say God.

You don't get to lead God's people and you don't get to follow either. You are an atheist. You are on your own, an non conformist. Grow up.

You are free to ignore God.

Personally, I can't tolerate the word 'scuzzy'. I don't use it and I ignore it when other people say it. I don't try to take it from someone else's vocabulary.

So let it be with 'God' for you.

This is a case of progressive vocabulary adjustment and should not be in the courts. Not the job of the courts at the expense of the tax payers to adjust atheist vocabulary.

What a selfish act on the part of those who would take those words out of the pledge when they are not required to utter words they do not want to. There is no punishment for not saying under God or all that is good.

2. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

They are a lot like Pope Pius IX who knocked all the male genitalia from the statues in the Vatican because -he- thought the sight 'inflamatory'. Sounds like he was homosexual and thought that because he got a rise out of stone depictions everyone else must also be aroused. It isn't a requirement that these people espouse the truth, only that they can enforce and force their belief system on other people.

Don T

3. rpeerless

You missed the whole agnostic point of my post, however, an 'in' at the 'Vat' said the pope did that as a warning to the people that served under him if they spread false rumors about him being homo.

The Vat is a bar on the lower east side of where ever.

4. rpeerless

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/09/sjc_to_weigh_wording_of_pledge

What progressives don't seem to understand is that God was a word assigned to the occurrance or Natural order of events on earth in the most basic sense of God.

That Natural order, or Natural Law is as simple as chickens lay eggs, cows bear calfs, seeds grow, trees bear fruit, insects hatch, birds migrate, a flower blooms, etc. The absence of God or 'unnatural' is when these things do not occur.
    God (from the word good) is all that is good and natural.

If one embraces a Theology then thought regarding Goodness expands from there or badness.

What is bad is when man tries to keep all that is good from occurring. What is good or (God) is what helps man to survive. When these things do not occur, man perishes.

The Pledge of Allegiance by including God is including all that is good under God. A Flag that represents a committment to recognize and focus upon what is Good (God) about the Country we live in.

If progressives wish to focus on all that is bad as they generally do, then perhaps they should not say the pledge.

God or all that is Good honors the values of the Native Americans as well as the newcomers to this continent.

I feel that this lawsuit is a very selfish act on the part of those who brought it forth.

Not speaking the words under God is an individual decision that comes without punishment as it is 'good' to choose to speak or not speak as you will.