1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Support Our Military, as we support you

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i48/ReCurvyArcher/?action=view¤t=Life-Liberty-and-the-Pursuit.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Let's hear from/about every branch. If you have a military member in your family, or you are one yourself (active or retired), post it on here with pride!

In my family:

Marines: Brother and son served. Nephew is active.

Navy: I am currently a Naval Air civvie.

Air Force: 2 Uncles and cousin served.

Army: Dad and brother served. Two sons active.

Coast Guard: none

2. honorable mention

honorable mention TS Member

My family has a extensive record of serving, all the way back to the War over States Rights (Civil War), most died, and before, one died and was burned by illegal immigrants at the Alamo. .

One Grandfather participated in WWI

My Dad went ashore on GOLD beach.
    I laid him to rest a few years ago, miss him every day.
    One uncle was Gen Ike's personnal cook.
    Another uncle served in the Navy.

Oh yes, I also served in the Air Force.

Proud? Damn straight!!
    I stand in awe of our present Warriors--what a awesome performance we have witnessed in the past few years--without a doubt they are the best that ever placed a boot on the ground!!

That's my story and I will stick to it!!!
    Warren J Roberts
    Air force

3. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Father- USN WWII Turret gunner on Avengers off the USS Wasp.
    Father-in-law USAAC WWII Waist gunner/toggelier 8th AF B17s
    Me USAF '66-'70
    Son- Major(Infantry) USA. Currently Battalion S-3 in Iraq with the 82nd Airborne.
    One son-in-law was with my son as his Company XO in Afghanistan with 3/505PIR-and went to Iraq with HHC 3/505PIR.

PROUDLY, Larry

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I had 4 uncles who served in WWII and they all got to come home.

I have a son who has 22 years in the Guard and did 18 months in Iraq and will be probably be going back there or somewhere in 2010.

I served 3 years in the Army.........

God bless all of our service men and women.

Hauxfan!

5. recurvyarcher

Great, Great Grandad (Cherokee) was a Union soldier. My mom has his uniform and discharge papers.

6. recurvyarcher

So, how about the wars where you/your family have participated?

For us, it was Civil, Korean, Grenada, and the current war in Iraq.

7. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Im proud of those who have served. My dad Army Pacific front along with 2 uncles in army and 1 in navy all WWII. I was navy 62 to 66, My son Army 1 tour Iraq and redeploying in Jan for second, 2 nephews army one of which still actve duty EOD in DC. Another nephew just out of Airforce with 6 deployments to middle east. Also 2 grand sons in army oldest whome we lost the day before thanks giving, and the othr home now. both the guys were in bagdad at same time different outfits. We all proudly served, and would do it all again without hesitation.

Bob W

8. recurvyarcher

Up in honor of Bob's grandson.

9. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Thanks recurvy, It's stil a lotta hurt. I know others are going thru the same thing. Makes you wish you had done more with the kids. Too busy working not spending enough time with family. PS he didn't shoot trap for squat, but would go with me when he had the time.

Bob

10. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

My father was a Marine in WWII( his brother was a Navy submariner in WWII). I retired from the Air Force (also served in the AF Reserves and ANG(served from 1969 to 1995). My Wife served 20 years as a nurse in the Air Force Reserve Nurse Corps including extended actived duty during desert Shield and Desert Storm(she had the nick name at the Tyndall AFB gun club of "Major Mom"). My two brothers both served, one as a sonar operator aboard a "BOOMER" nuculear sub, and my kid brother served in the Civil Engineers in the ANG and later in the Red Horse in the regular Air Force. My Nephew served two hitches in the Marines as an Avionics Tech. Runs in the family I guess.

11. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

recurvey,

Any thread on support for our veterans is awesome indeed. We simply must support EVERY veteran and care for them whatever the cost.

Last week on Dr. Phil, he hosted a show that pointed out to serious failures within the Veterans Administration as to treatment of injured vets from Iraq and Afghanistan. It would make you sick to see and hear how the three veterans who appeared on the show were treated. Hopefully national exposure to the failures within the system will bring about change. WE MUST DEMAND CHANGE and SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS!

Lets make EVERY day Veterans Day and show the men and women of our armed services that no effort is too great in making sure they are cared for.

God Bless our Vets, past , present and future

Bobby Ward

12. recurvyarcher

I didn't see you post your (or your family's) service. In keeping with the theme of the thread, could you please do so, with pride?

13. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

recurvey,

You have my apologies. Here is the information. My father was Sgt. Bert J. Ward, Veteran of WW II and specifically the Phillipines and Battle of Luzon. He was awarded the Bronze Star for bravery under fire and trivialized its meaning his entire life in support and lvoe for those who gave more than he did. I am not a veteran but learned from him the value and importance of recognizing and supporting those who served in the name of freedom.

God Bless our vets one and all.

Bobby

14. recurvyarcher

Thanks, Bobby...we honor him and appreciate his fine service.

15. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

USNMCB5, Constructing PBR bases along the Cambodia border and on the Ca Mau Peninsula most of 1970. Jimmy Borum

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ud1Bk3Ns-E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ud1Bk3Ns-E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

By all means, and if at all possible, please donate to organizations that help our troops, like the USO, etc.

17. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Revolutionary War - 2

2nd Seminole War (Florida) - 1

War Between the States - 13 CSA, 8 US

WWI - Grandpa Bayard, Navy

WWII - Uncle Bud, Navy

Korea - Father in Law Joe, Navy

Vietnam - Brother Joe, Marines

Desert Storm - Me, Air Force

Operation Iraqi Freedom - Son Jon, Air Force

Jim

18. recurvyarcher

The clip of Burt Brady made me cry. If I owned Times Magazine, HE would be person of the year.

19. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EWjqBKlkyrQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EWjqBKlkyrQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

My family all Army

Father Infantry, 119th Inf Regiment XXX Infantry Div. Omaha Beach- Battle of the Bulge, SS,BS,CIB

Brother Sam, Infantry, 2ID Injin Scouts Korea 1965-66

Brother Roger, Infantry, 101 Airborne, died(OD) about a year after returning home RVN.

Myself Military Police 77-80,CBR/Recon 12th SF Arlington Hts,Il USAR 80-81

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.