1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE+PRICE FOR BT 99 MAX WITH CLYDE-SIDE***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by twin, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twin

twin Member

Hello

I am asking for a price estimate (range): it's for a BT99 MAX that has a stock recoil system (a Clyde-Slide). The gun bluing is about 98% - 99% and the stock rates as well.
    The barrel length is 34" and factory ported, the the LOP is 14 1/2". The gun had very little use, and was not used since the Clyde-Slide was installed, it had and adjustable butt plate with a Kick-eeze pad added when the Clyde-Slide was installed.

Thank you in advance

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I think the gun would be a high dollar gun if it were not for the Clyde Slide. That hurts the value for me. Never liked them but there are those who do

3. twin

twin Member

4. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I would think it would be worth somewhere between $1200 and $1400 If it's in the shape you stated.Jerry

5. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Got 1500 for a pretty nice one. The Clyde-slide should help some 2-300. You can always re-spring them for more or less action from the slide....They don't make them anymore and they are one of the best 99's -- very durable compared to the new alloy 99's........merlyn

6. Saxman

Saxman Member

Where do I find more info on the Clyde-slide

7. oletymer

oletymer Member

An alloy bt99? I'm sure Browning would be interested in it's origin.

8. twin

twin Member

Hello

Thank you all for your comments on the BT 99MAX, especially merlynstrapguns who I respect a very much.

The Clyde=Slyde recoil system is similar to many recoil systems where both the comb and stock move together. Clyde makes ALL the parts for his system and his craftsmanship is superb, it functions beautifully, and Clyde is a real nice gentleman to talk to and work with. As was pointed out, his system can be modified simply by changing the spring, to increase or reduce the felt recoil.
    Clyde retired recently, but a new person (friend of his) is manufacturing them under the new name "Slick -Slide" I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.