1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Please pray HARD for our troops,,,,,

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

This was sent from a friend who's son just got stateside and what we are being told is, according to him and his son, sugarcoated.

Here is what he said,,,,

"Had an opportunity to talk at some length with the kid and I'm going to tell you that the news is not even coming close to telling how bad it is over there now.

On top of the 4 deaths that have been reported my son says there have been other deaths as well, most following being wounded. He said in Jalabad there was a truck bombing where suicide bombers drove a truck loaded with explosive into the main gate of what is a rather small base. Many Afghani soldiers were killed and a number of US soldier wounded with at least one dying later. He said he was about 300 feet from the explosion and it rang his bell really good.

he says that now the AA(Afghan Army) is so interwoven that everyone is afraid of the local troops with them. They now even have locals living on the bases. His unit is even doing missions with the AA and he says there is no trust. Nobody wants to get shot in the back and he says operations are at a standstill.

He relates that Afghan civilians working in mess halls have tried to introduce poisons. He says that all the bases are under siege by protesters.

He related that Bagram Air Base is under continual demonstration and frequent indirect fire and bombings, something not seen for years.

He says he feels that the President has badly undermined their position and safety by his asskissing(apologies).

He says that they are now under a weapons hold policy(can't fire unless fired upon)

He says Karzai is trying to get all night operations outlawed as it's too dangerous for civilians(spec ops operates mostly at night)

While my son says the burning of the Korans was done badly(they should not have done it in front of Afghans) it was still the proper thing to do and that nobody seems to be too concerned over all the American flags being burned etc.

He feels that if something is not done quick the war is untenable and American troops will not work with Afghans for fear of getting shot and if things don't change quickly we might as well get out.

For the first time upon coming home he's said he's really happy to get out of there. not just that he's happy to get home but that he wanted out of there. He say's it's not only the usual suspects that are doing the demonstrating but many that were pro American before.

Anyway that was the short version and what he told me didn't sound much like the evening news. This of course was just one soldier's opinion but one that has been there many times and has always been pro our position there and very supportive of the Afghan people.

It's not real encouraging no matter what your stance is on the war."

It is time to get out!!!

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

There is a God and there is a coming day of judgement! Woe to those who put people in harms way and don't back them up to the fullest!!!!!

3. torqueman

torqueman Member

MY GOD WATCH OVER OUR BOYS ! AMEN

4. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

My oldest son Tyler is in the Army at Bagram. Ty says everthing is a mess, mortars most of the nights.

5. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I follow some political events - but would someone please explain to me again why we are there ? I was not aware Afghanistan has any oil. The residents are apparently corrupt. My minimal understanding is that no one has ever "conquered" this region. I think the Russians tried without succeeding. This feels like the administrative policy that was in affect during 1965-1975 in a little southeast Asian country that I got to visit. I am afraid there will continue to be American lives lost in the name of either peacekeeping or nation building. As I get older I feel the need less and less to try to "help" every nation in the world with our dollars and our young men and women. While we are spending our assets in far off corners of the world countries like China are investing their assets in manufacturing, infrastructure, and export of durable goods. All the while we welcome foreign students to our universities and colleges to obtain an education they'll take back to their countries and use to improve their economies and thereafter attempt to export to the "consumers" in the United States.

With neither the congressional nor Presidential will to fight a war with the intent to actually "win" it - perhaps we should recall the troops and station them on the southern borders of our country.

End of rant

amboy49

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I'm with you on that Amboy49. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.