1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Please post pictures of WTB

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by omgb, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Not to be a smart aleck but generally, one must have an item in one's possession to get a picture of it. That may be part of the problem.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

I wanted to buy a 4 wheeler but couldn't find a picture of the one I want.

HM

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

0   0   0

"Not to be a smart aleck but generally, one must have an item in one's possession to get a picture of it. That may be part of the problem."

LMAO

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jim Miller

"My guess is that the OP meant WTS. At least that was what I responded to."

At the risk of sounding obtuse are we to be expected to know what he is complaining about when he can't even say what he wants correctly? Or should we just all assume we know what he is complaining about and further complicate? matters

Bob Lawless

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

obtuse. "Slow to understand"

Bob. Im in thet club too.

6. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

Hey mention "wanted to buy" once in the title and twice in the description. I think he is talking about posting a pic of what you want to buy.

7. ivanhoe

0   0   0

Jim Miller

"I don't think, for most people, that it was too hard to figure out. JMHO."

I guess that is one area where we differ I was told to ask for what you want because most people are not mind readers.

"Why don't people post pictures of the items they want to buy. I really like to look at pictures. Don't they know if they don't post pictures, we aren't sure exactly what they want to buy"

I am glad that you can spend the time trying to read something into what is not there the quote is quite clear. The fact that you admit having to figure it out only proves he is not showing a lot of common sense in his writing.

If you are willing to sit and decipher what he is saying that is your business I won't waste my time. BTW sorry if you don't like that but that would be your problem.

Bob Lawless

8. chuckles

chuckles Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Obama would know what to do...

9. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

I know you believe you understand what you think you read....but I'm not sure that you do not realize what you read is not what was really meant!

Think I'll have another beeeer....or 3!

AndyH ;-)

10. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

1/2 mile

Just a thought but you might want to try a 4 wheeler forum or a place they sell them

oh boy this site is strange at times

11. ivanhoe

0   0   0

Jim Miller

"No need to apologize, Bob. People do make mistakes. Some more frequently than others. Sorry you weren't able to figure it out. I believe I understand your frustration."

Jim for the life of me I can't find a word of apology in anything that I have posted on this thread.

Instead of making excuses for the person that started this thread and telling us that he meant to say WTS instead of WTB. That might be slightly believable if he hadn't written.

"Don't they know if they don't post pictures, we aren't sure exactly what they want to buy"

Of course it is open to interpretation in your mind but looking at the rest of the posts here that is the only place.

Bob Lawless

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I thought he made his point very well. Read it for what it is not what you want it to be.

Don

13. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

0   0   0

Bump…for the photo of the car!

14. ivanhoe

0   0   0

JoeE1

"Yet you keep coming back to this post/thread? Talk about wasteing time. My comment? Who cares how or what he meant?"

Joe did I make any comments directed at you? Who's time am I wasting and how does my time management or mismanagement as the case may be effect you? I am not interested in what he meant only what he said. So you tell me how it needs to be interpreted.

One more Joe you seem to be up on what has been said and what is happening in this thread. With that being said did you read anything I have written that even remotely resembles an apology? If not Joe then I would think that someone was trying to put words in my mouth. When that happens I will respond as I wish and as often. BTW Joe I don't care if that meets your approval or not.

"If he made a mistake and meant WTS, OK."

And if he meant just what he said? Tell me Joe why would you need to post a picture of what you want to buy, if you can take a picture of what you want to buy why would you need another?

How does what I write to someone else effect you?

Bob Lawless

15. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Just because our understanding of what we think he meant by what he wrote leads us to the conclusion that what he wanted to say does not make sense, that does not necessarily lead to the conclusion that he understood that what he wrote could be misunderstood by others to mean what he thought he wanted to say.

16. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

0   0   0

17. ivanhoe

0   0   0

JoeE1

"Your post has nothing to do with me. I guess I got in to this because I wondered why some have to jump on a person because of an error or a mistake. What difference does it make to you? I just hope this didn't chase twostraight away.

Joe ask yourself a question. Does twostraight seem worried about whether he was jumped on for an error or mistake? If he was worried and had made a mistake don't you think he would have come back in an explained?

Joe don't waste time worrying about him I have a suspicion he accomplished just what he wanted to in the first place.

BTW Joe twostraight posted to another thread at 11:37 am today so I don't thin he got chased away.

Bob Lawless

18. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

WTR , want to rent ! LOL. Jeff

19. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

WTE!!!

AndyH ;-]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.