1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE, ONLY BEGINNERS READ THIS!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i am still on vacation but i thought of a couple of stories that someone told me years ago when i first started shooting. in 1972 i went out to the waukesha gun club. i had a field grade 870 with 2 barrels. a 30 fc, and a 26 inch improved cyl barrel. an elderly man said to me, is this your first time shooting, i said yes. what are you going to shoot, skeet or trap? i said what is the difference? he said if you like to have fun, shoot with down to earth people, if you don't like someone, the trap shoots are big enough that you can stay away from them, than trapshooting is your game. i said what is skeet? he said if you drive a cadillac, where silk pink underwear, and have lots of money, then skeet is for you. i decided maybe trap was for me. to be honest, i often use to shoot skeet in the winter events, never was any good, but i really liked it.

second story- years later i went up to this same old seasoned veteran who just happend to be still on the 27 yd yard line. i said i sure wish that someday i could be in class AA and be a 27 yard shooter. he said being a AA 27 yd shooter is like pissing in your pants while wearing a dark blue suit. i asked what do you mean? he said when you are in class E, if you break a 90 or better, everyone at the gun club comes up to you and congratulates you and shakes your hand. when a AA 27 yd shooter breaks a 99, no one notices, it's like pissing in your pants while wearing a dark blue suit. feels good, but no one notices.

i have to go, there is a sale on silk pink underwear.
    steve balistreri

2. gordy h

gordy h Member

Sounds like Vic. Sure do miss him. Butch H

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

You promised you would be gone two weeks!? Tom Rhoads

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Vic Reinders, who won the Clay Target Championship with a lone 200 straight in 1958 when he was president of the ATA, is so associated with the growth of trapshooting in Wisconsin that shooters will be surprised to find he was born on a farm in Iowa. The year was 1906, and 29 years later he was receiving a Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin, where he had been teaching chemistry for five years and from which he retired in 1972.

When does "elderly" officially start?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.