1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE JOIN THE NRA, EVERONE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grammie, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grammie

grammie TS Member

Perhaps it would be better if we did take the plunge!!!

This governement,,,has been corrupted beyond the point of repair!!!

Just maybe,,,a good citizen bloodletting needs to happen every now and again to bring balance to this society!!!

The men of this country have let the founding fathers travails and sacrifices become one of "wastefullness"!!!! So just perhaps the time is close for politicions to be hanging from light-poles!!! And the constitution become the law of the land again!!!

There is no doubt that weapons confiscation is going to happen in this country in the near future....

A "blood debt" is owed from every American citizen to that constitution!!!

We shall see just who it is that stands for that constitution,,,,I gaurentee that the American Governement will not!!!!

AKA Grammie......

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Joined on Saturday at the convention...

Ronbo

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I've been a life member of the NRA for many years. I agree!! We need all the members we can get, especially now.

4. Trapmike

Trapmike TS Member

I was good through 2011, I just signed up with the EPL (easy pay for life) plan. Wish I had the cash to go life in one shot, but i plan to overpay on each payment so it will happen sooner than the 40 payments it takes to get there. I sent them a donation yesterday too. I hate to sound cold but after that terrible incident at VT we need to support the NRA, financially, and with letter writing more than ever. Can't wait to get that Life Badge in a few years. Keep fighting guys, the day we stop is the day we lose!

Mike S.

5. grouper

grouper TS Member

I justed joined this past fall,

Grouper

6. TREE

TREE TS Member

We better all think about this I too am a Lifer the press is making the Va Tech tragety into a ploy to get our guns , Always hold your guns as a treasure never use them the wrong way. My Prayers go out to all that lost loved ones but the gun didnt kill, the idiot did.

7. wam6187

wam6187 TS Member

The NRA is our voice in goverment to protect our second amendment rights.
    I agree that everyone who owns a gun - or respects the priviledge of that right of ownership - should join.

Bill

8. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Calm down, Gordy...you're gonna give yourself a coronary.

The government already knows who you are by your name on the NRA membership list. They don't need more laws to get that information.

9. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Also members, when you get that typical sometimes annoying letter asking for money for the NRA, send them a few bucks. I always try to give a little something. Yes, I know you will be flooded with requests then, but it's worth it!

10. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Just renewed last month.

11. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

ttt

This is so vitally important to all of us, especially now because of the acts of a psychopathic idiot.

John Houle

12. unclebuck

unclebuck TS Member

So glad to see this topic on a trap-related forum. As Jim Zumbo found out, the Second Amendment is not about hunting. Nor is it abut trap shooting. We must ALL stand together or we shall surely fall.

We had the NRA Convention here in St. Louis this past weekend, yet the powers that be decided it was a good idea to change the Missouri High School Shoot to that same Saturday, preventing many young shooters from attending the event of their young shooting lives. A real shame. They told me that they "were not even aware of the NRA convention." That tells me they are probably not NRA members, which is also a shame.

Mark
    Endowment Life Member

13. grammie

grammie TS Member

Handlepuller----Gentlemen:

That is why the "ted nugent" types should never become the mouthpiece for the NRA,,or shooting sports in general....

AKA Grammie.......

14. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

My wife and I both just re joined yesterday, Norm

15. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

The NRA does an excellent job protecting our right to own guns , now I;d like to see it work to correct the real problem that being the bad guys with guns that give us a bad rap.

16. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

20 years as life member!
    Rooferbob

17. cmh

cmh Member

Hello, I used to be a big supporter of the NRA. I had a one year membership and then saw the offer of the Extended payment life membership. Decided to do that. Well, I made one big payment for the year.About a year later I get a letter explaining how I need to catch up on my payments. HHmmmmm...... Well, I know they got payment because I mailed another money order for something else with it and it was cashed. I contacted them. They were rude and acted like I stiffed them. Well, lets say I am fed up with them. I unfortunately am no longer a member and will not be until some things change. Craig

18. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Some stats:
    According to the BATFE, in 1999 (latest number available) there were about 215 million privately owned guns. The NRA estimates that half of all American households (total US population is 294 million) have at least one gun owner. That translates to approx 147,000,000 people who own a gun.

Approximately 122 million people voted in the last Presidential election.

Currently there are approximately 4,300,000 NRA members. That's less than 5% of the estimated number of gun owners.

By contrast, the AARP is estimated to have approximately 35,000,000 members.

I have a recurring dream. That 1/2 of all gun owners, or roughly 70,000,000 people join the NRA and, as a block, sign a pledge to vote only for pro-2nd Amendment candidates. In my dream, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Carolyn McCarthy, Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer and all the other Democrat (and even some Republican) anti-gunners are seen literally on their knees in TV ads begging for votes to get re-elected.

I can only dream about this, but politics is a numbers game folks. Every one of us should encourage our friends who are not NRA members to join. I'll even take it a step further. Every gun club or shooting range in the US should REQUIRE that anyone joining or using the facilities be a NRA member. If I owned a club or range I can guarantee you that I'd make it a requirement - I'd even pay 1/2 the first year's dues.

I also believe that the NRA should change its dues structure. If AARP can charge $8-10.00 per year, NRA should be able to lower it's dues from the current $35.00. If they did, I'm convinced that membership would go up.

Gene Batchelar Wheaton, IL

Craig:
    With due respect, I get frustrated with organizations who don't give me the service I think I deserve. I go somewhere else. In this case, the NRA is the only way most of us can get together and express our wishes to our government. Please reconsider. Heck, I'll even send you the $10.00 to sign up without the magazine, as a prior thread said could be done.

19. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

My Club requires NRA membership before you can join the club and I am glad we do. I don't always agree with the NRA but think about where gun owners would be without the NRA. Without guns or severely restricted most likely. Bill

20. spritc

spritc Active Member

A very thankful member since 1969.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.