1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Please ..I have 1 last lube question regarding MX8

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractorboy, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Thanks to everyone who has provided me with wise council regarding how to lube my new MX2000. I think that I have a much better understanding now. I do, however, have one last question about lubrication.

The bearing surfaces where the top lever turns in the receiver when you push the lever with your thumb and the locking bolt where it slides back and forth inside the receiver. What type lube do you use on these two locations and how often? ....thanks

2. Guy

Guy Member

Tri-Flow again.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

3-in-1 oil just as everywhere else. Really. Try it.

Neil

4. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

May I suggest KY and as often as needed. Now, can we be done with these lube questions!

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Seemed like a reasonable question to me. If we can't help each other who shall we turn to? Marc

6. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

Luvtrapguns, did you read through the 25 or so responses to the previous thread titled "Perazzi...use grease or oil?" by tractorboy?

In any case use the supplied grease or use oil - it matters little as long as it is cleaned often (after each shooting session) and well-lubricated.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mobile 10-30 synthetic oil or 15-50

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Why would a Perrazi need lubricated any different than any other trap gun?? I'll answer it for you, IT DON'T.... I don't change my cleaning/lubriction practices with the change of make or model of gun. Common sense will see you thru.--Matt

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'll throw this in..as I always do.. A perazzi is not a car that burns oil.. You don't just add.. Clean the hinge pins and seats after every day of shooting and relube.. Soak the entire receiver.. even if you can't take it apart in mineral sprits a few times a year..to get the crap out of the receiver.. reoil..dry..and wipe down.. then put back in the stock once it's dried off.. Grease on the locking bolt and barrel ears.and pivot..(a dab on the forend lug is good too).. tri-flo on everything else.. Dan now uses Slip 2000 oil and grease..

10. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

PerazziBigBore, Did Dan explain why he changed from Tri-Flow to Slip2000?

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Dan thought it was getting watery..which I concur with.. The older stuff was better than the new stuff.. Still.. I only ask any of my lube to work at most 8 hours for me.. 30 weight oil and axle greese would work as well as anything.. There are specialty lubes I personally use but would not want to start a pissing contest here..so I keep that to myself..
    If one would follow my simple reccomendations..their gun would last alot longer. Remember.. any oil/grease attracts dirt.. Keep it clean.. Period..

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

PerazziBigBore is correct. Keeping the gun clean is much more important than the type of lubed used. I have many times made an excellent grinding compound by mixing the dust on my shop floor with a little oil.

Pat Ireland

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

PerizziBig Bore is correct. Keeping the gun clean is much more important than the type of lube used. I have many times made an excellent grinding compound by mixing the dust on my shop floor with a little oil.

Pat Ireland

14. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Pat.. I thought I was the only one who did that.. The fractured abrasive from my Dumore with grease works wonders..and can't beat the cost..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.