1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Please help voice lose

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jwebster, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwebster

jwebster Member

voice is very soft due to cancer. canot get voice call to work. tryed 2 types of whistles, work some time. please help any ideas. willing to try anything. thanks jer
  2. djldb6

djldb6 Member

I have asked on this forum before but never heard anything however...

I was shooting at Ben Avery last year while down there on business.

There was a guy with a similar situation to yours who had an electronic tone generator, about the size of a pager, clipped to his belt at the level of the voice release speakers. He had a little pressure switch taped to his forearm. It made the nicest electronic tone, akin to the electronic tone used to start swimmers off.

I thought it was really cool since although my voice works fine, I often struggle with getting some VR to work. I was pressed for time but he said it worked everywhere he ever tried it. He never did tell me if he made it himself or it was an adapted product meant for something else.

Perhaps someone at Ben Avery or elsewhere knows this gentleman and can follow up here.

Dan
  3. Raymobolt

Raymobolt TS Member

You have a pm
  4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

We have a fellow that uses a duck call and it works great!

Oscar
  5. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

I have asked on this forum before but never heard anything however...

I was shooting at Ben Avery last year while down there on business.

There was a guy with a similar situation to yours who had an electronic tone generator, about the size of a pager, clipped to his belt at the level of the voice release speakers. He had a little pressure switch taped to his forearm. It made the nicest electronic tone, akin to the electronic tone used to start swimmers off.

I thought it was really cool since although my voice works fine, I often struggle with getting some VR to work. I was pressed for time but he said it worked everywhere he ever tried it. He never did tell me if he made it himself or it was an adapted product meant for something else.

Perhaps someone at Ben Avery or elsewhere knows this gentleman and can follow up here.

Dan

I have shot with a guy how uses the same system it works good for him too.
  6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Frank Kappner here in Ohio has a speaker release system w/push button on forearm.

I tried to find contact information for him but no success.

You might try a Radio Shack store for the necessary items to build one.

Speaker mounts on your belt and aimed at the Voice Call.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  7. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

A training dog whistle should work well. Must have a pea in it and blown with less effort (lower octave). I use the small orange dog whistle made by Roy Gonia (sp). If you're right-handed, place it on the left side of your mouth, with the speaker also on your left, front side. Vice-versa if you're a lefty.

Dick Gries
  8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

I have heard of people using a battery door bell when calling for he target. They had the button on the forarm and the ringer on the speaker and or by the scorer chair so if a button pull was being done the scorer could hear it. A loud whistle would do also.

Hope you do better soon and good luck with things.
  9. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

20 years ago I had a cyst on my vocal cords and I used a boy scout whistle it worked fine. As above get one with a cork ball inside. Electric might work fine but I wouldn't want to rely on it in a rain storm.
  10. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

One of our local shooters has a setup similar to this. He has a headset with a small speaker attached to his belt. Seems to work pretty good for him. Not sure what model he has though. You can do a search on "Waistband PA System".

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005I2YJPM/ref=asc_df_B005I2YJPM1908034?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B005I2YJPM

York
  11. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Arnold Riegger had the same situation, he used some kind of whistle..
  12. Jim R

Jim R Active Member

13. mkstephen

mkstephen Member

Shorter URL that works.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.