1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help ID an Old Single Shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Michalski, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

A friend cleaning out grandpa's basement ran across an old single shot 12 gage. Rusty with broken stock and the only identification is "W P WONDER". Anyone have any ideas?

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Does it have a lightning bolt on it some place? Robert Redford in the baseball movie.

3. Charles.F.Phillips

Charles.F.Phillips TS Member

Hope this helps:

<i>The "New White Powder Wonder" was made by the Crescent Fire Arms Co. if produced before 1919 and by the J. Stevens Arms Co. if it was made after 1919. Single barreled shotguns, such as yours, that are so marked were made by the W. H. Davenport Arms Company circa 1891 to 1910.

The trade name White Powder Wonder was used by a number of companies. It was used by the Cescent Fire Arms Company, The W.H. Davenport Arms Company, The Meriden Fire Arms Company - Fyrberg type single, and the J. Stevens Arms and Tool Company who produced them for Sears, Roebuck & Co. You can find additional info on these companies by searching my answers to previous questions.

Source(s):

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopi…</i>

4. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Thanks for the information. It's soaking in Kroil right now, but I did not see any lightning bolt only a serial number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.