1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Please explain this to me?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wam6187, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wam6187

wam6187 TS Member

Dave,

A college degree doesn't make one smart...

Bill

2. grammie

grammie TS Member

I wonder???? "they are stupid"!!!!

What does that make the ATA---------smart????

AKA Grammie....

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I don't know Grammie, But we did get them to spend a ton of the states money to build a place for us to shoot trap.

Jim

4. grammie

grammie TS Member

Jim:

Haven't you ever wondered why??? Not that they spent the money,,,But doing all they can to make Ill. the 1st gun free state??? Those are not my words,,but words from an Ill legislator....

Just a thought.....

AKA Grammie.........

5. docrtaylor

docrtaylor TS Member

I do not want to sound like a racist becasue i am not and i am not from Ill, but have an opinion about your post. Perhaps the people that are pushing for these laws are trying come up with a way to stop inner city violence done with illegal guns however nearsighted that may seem. I am actually from Philadelphia area and we just had our 98th murder of this year this morning. I know and beleive in the old saying "guns dont kill people". maybe they have not figured out any other directions to go yet.

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Equal opportunity college degrees speak for themselves.

7. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Give them the benefit of the doubt. Ignorant of the facts fits it.

Tom R.

8. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

As a PS, have a daughter in college, wants to teach. The only way she could drive the stake further in my heart would be to marry a lawer.

Tom R.

9. bocephus

bocephus Member

Colleges indoctrinate with libralism first....education comes after that...as long as you are open-minded enough to believe 2+2 may = 5................

10. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

It's about money and power. There is no other reason that motivates people other than religion.

Mike

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Imagine going to a school and finding out that the White kids get a different test that the minoritys get to get a closer percentages of them to pass the exam ... I have witnessed this type of thing first hand and even then found it rather hard to believe, not to mention very disturbing ... When I was on the Fire Dept. I got to see it for the very first time and on promotional tests it was not uncommon, yet the whites still usually placed higher in the ratings and with a greater percentage ... Hell, imagine a Mexican that cannot pass a spanish test in 7th grade ... I filed a suit against the Dept I was on and demanded a retesting of all who were taking a written test for Arson Investigator, of the top 10, 9 were white and the last one who passed was black with a final score or 71.4 percent and 70 percent was passing ... This should answer your question being as its self explaintory ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. a budine

a budine Member

Gentlemen: Please do not label all educated people or all teachers as liberal fools - the ones who are are loud and proud - but many of us in the teaching profession are dedicated shooters, hunters, sportsmen, and supporters of the 2nd Amendment. All professions have their dark and disconcerting side - ours just has a few more of them. Defeat Hillary!! Good shooting to all. Al Budine

13. larryjk

larryjk Member

1911a1, Al, you certainly made the point. My daughter is a teacher with a Masters, who is now a literacy instructor, teaching other teachers how to teach reading. She believes reading is to key to all learning. My son is a mechanical engineer with a Masters in engineering management, studying for his MBA. He was also a navy nuc. Neither are dumb, and they are happily married to partners without college degrees. Both partners are very successful. I have a college degree and don't feel like it made me dumber. Because of it, I seek professional advice when I am getting in over my head. More ought to try that.

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dont take this as a racist statement but maybe they are ultimately trying to protect there own people from killing themselves with guns. Granted the gangs will still get guns but at least they are showing an effort to make safer streets.

15. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

One day a farmboy came upon two men talking about crossing the river. Being curious the lad asked the men if there was a problem?

The first man said,( I am a physics professor, and after careful study of the water flow in this river I believe we can cross this.)

The second man said,( I am a math professor , and by using trigonometry, I have caculated the distance across, and I also believe we can cross this river.)

At this point the farm boy agreed with them. But the professors replied what do you, a farm boy know about physics, or trigonometry? To which the boy replied ,( not much, but if you use that bridge over there you won`t get your feet wet.)

Tom R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.