1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Please explain the Perazzi series

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kenf, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

Guys,

Is there someplace that explains the story of the various Perazzi models and what the differences are, along with what parts interchange from model to model. I have always been confused by the different vendors having what seemed like an endless supply of Perazzi barrels and stocks and seeing guys put this set of barrels on that receiver to do this better.

Thanks

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ken. very broad question with long involved answers. We learend by buying our first Perazzi and then a second. And yet only a few know all the stuff that makes perazzi what it is. I donotcount myself inthat but I have owned many P buns,

go buy a TM1 like most of us did and begin to learn on yourown. Try it. You'll have fun. An shoot weel too.

P guns seemed to be the majority at the IA state shoot yesterday.

3. kenf

kenf Active Member

Thanks Jack,

I am actually leaning toward an MX 2000 that I can tweak like I have my Citori Plus. My understanding of the TM1 from posts here as of late is that finding a good unmollested piece is sort of difficult. Plus, I would like to have the abillity to shoot doubles with it.

My other problem as of late is finding the extra time and money to get back to regular shooting.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Ken.. E-mail me your phone number..and a good time to call you.. Have paper and pencil handy.. I'll give you all the information you seek.. All Good.. Mike

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you are looking at a MX-2000 you are on the right track, they are great guns ... I had one and sold it because I didn't care for the unsingle so rather than have a top single fitted to it, I screwed up and sold it ... I hope to find another MX-2000 thats in the shape of the one I had with the top single and when I do I will keep it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. kenf

kenf Active Member

The last time I was window shopping, The K-80 TS and MX 2000 pointed and handled very similarly. I like the fact that I can adjust both guns to fit, and if I run into trigger problems, I can pull the P trigger and put in a new one. Ottsville is drivable, but I am not wild about the annual service, or all of the internal parts on the K-gun. I wish they were built in the states. I know Kolar is, but the combo gun I looked at felt like I was swinging a 4x4.

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

In the relatively short history of Perazzi, they managed to made approx. 200 models/configurations. It's hard to list everything in one page.

But seems you have your eyes on the current production models, that makes answering a little easier.

Basically there are two kinds of O/U models in current production, the standard models and the econo models. Within models, there're detachable trigger models & non-detachable trigger models.

The standard models are based on the most popular MX-8, with their labor intensive signature Seashell sculpted receiver. The MX-2000 you are thinking about is a MX-8 with machined engravings in MX-2000 pattern to further enhance it's beauty.

MX-2000 has the same detachable trigger like MX-8, MX-2000S has tne same non-detachable trigger like MX-12.

Then there're econo models, like current MX-14 & MX-15 with plain side receiver, saved a lot of work for the metal sculpting to reduce production cost, but retain all function and strong receiver/barrel mate with the same squared monobloc like the standard models. This squared monobloc is also expensive to make and fit, but they make a lot of difference in holding the gun together.

Said receiver/square monobloc mating is very strong, if the barrel and receiver are properly fitted, you can hold the barrel on receiver with hand and fire the gun without it's locking bolt. Can't do that with the older econo models with round monobloc like MX-3, 5, 6, & 7. Price differences set them apart.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

8. skeet100

skeet100 Member

At least I am not alone in NOT understanding the Perazzi models....

I would consider one but not knowing the models and there being a whole lot of $$$$ difference in model value... that keeps me away....

9. setool

setool Member

After a 30 year layoff, a great guy, who I now consider a Good Friend, Mr. Whiz White, told me, "don't fool around, get an "mx-8". The scattergun is a no frillz, well built, and top shelf gun that will service anyone !!

He also made note that the gun will always hold value if, indeed, you decided to part with it.

I followed instructions from the Master !!!

Mark Schneider
    \

10. Steve W

That's words of wisdom, get a MX-8 (or MX-2000 if you like).

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Steve, Isn't there a hybrid econo frame that will accept either round mono block barrels or the square ones?

12. Steve W

There's an universal monobloc that will fit on either style of receivers. Both Perazzi and Kemen made them.

13. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

IMHO there is only one model to look for -
    [​IMG]

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Gary. $4500 fo rthe combo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi econo models

perazzi models explained