1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Don't Speak to My President That Way

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I'm not a fan of the President, Jeffery Goldberg, nor "The Atlantic" magazine and website, but this article sums up my thoughts and feelings -

"Dear Mr. Netanyahu, Please Don't Speak to My President That Way" - at link

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Cannot access the link. On a related subject, "My President" has a habit of talking down and apologizing for his country without help from others. Maybe he should mend his own ways before we worry about others' comments.

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Here - Long addy you'll need to cut-and-paste.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/05/dear-mr-netanyahu-please-dont-speak-to-my-president-that-way/239199/

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

WHAT Disrespect?? President Obama basically threw Israel to the wolves with statements implying that we no longer supported them and Mr. Netanyeahu expected him to reconfirm the support that had already been stated by this country.

Actually when our elected President Screws The Pooch he makes us look bad because we elected him and he needs to be told that he is wrong. After all he is supposed to be a citizen of this country just like most of the rest of us who live here NOT Royalty.

Just my 2 pennies

--- Chip King ---

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Rank, status, or high office do not command respect. Respect must be earned.

Our president is a puppet, probably even Pinocchio. If the day comes when "Baracchio" chooses good over bad, he may(and I would like to emphasize the word "may")begin to earn the respect of the world community. Until then, he's just another scurrulous pandering paltroon unworthy of the slightest notice.

Netanyahu, on the other hand, is a man of honor and courage, who, in the long cavalcade of righteous men, stands out. We could all benefit by living his example.

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

If any foregin leader decided to screw a country I represent, I assure you, I would use far less diplomatic speach than that. obuma needs to quit trying to buy the respect of the islamic international criminals and start figuring out how to repair the damage he has already done. obuma needs to quit screwing with Israel.

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I would like to see the results if you could do a real honest poll of Americans which one would win Obama or Netanyahu?

These same voices complaining about criticism of Obama certainly did their share of disrespectful comments about President Bush. hmmmmm double standard?

8. eightbore

So, Capt. Rick, can you expand a bit and tell us how you really feel? I wish I could afford to have a sign made with Capt. Rick's comments to put up in my yard, spelling corrected. I don't care where the next dummy was born, I just hope he is a patriot, not a traitor like what we have now. By the way, have you guys seen the profile on Mizbama lately. She is absolutely enormous. What is going on there? If I had a million dollar kitchen staff, I think I could keep my diet in check. Another year and a half and they'll have to widen the doors.

9. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Mr. Netanyahu won on this one. He drug Obama kicking and screaming into the real world at least for a little while. What was Mr. Netanyahu supposed to say? Accepting or giving Obama's stated position on the 1967 border any credence would have been outrageously unacceptable.

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

God Bless Netanyahu, what a breath of fresh air after the crap we've had to put up with from our Pres. and VP. Shamefull!

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Honestly, I have seen pics of Michelle Obama and I don't see where she is huge. Although I loved her dress that she wore to the state banquet at Buckinham Palace, it was an inappropriate choice for a state dinner there, where bare shoulders are an unspoken taboo.

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Keep in mind that the United Nations is actually responsible for the predicament the Jews are in. After WW2 the UN moved them to Palestine to be surrounded by mortal enemies who want to wipe them off the face of the earth. Many Jews felt entitled to that land but the UN made it possible.

I can't decide if Obama is just stupid or unprepared or ignorant of history or what? If any other President in modern history had said what he did they would have been a massive condemnation in the press. He gets a free pass. Why? He's backpedaling some, but if you break it down not he's not really moving away from what he said, we just misunderstood what it means. It's hard not to feel that he is so arrogant that he believes he can say anything.

13. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

mrskeet410 - you are not kidding...right?

I can't agree with you in the least bit.

If anybody has a bitch its our allies in Israel who should be crying "don't ambush and betray our Prime Minister and country that way!"

You are entitled to you opinion, but I rather thought that Bibi was quite restrained given the provocation.

Stephen Meyers

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If there was ever any doubt, all you had to do was watch the Obama speech throwing Israel under the bus, and the subsequent ass covering, backtracking, "misunderstood" garbage that followed it and THEN compare it to Mr. Netanyahu's speechs that garnered more than 30 standing ovations.

The difference btween a true statesman worthy of world recognition and a cheesy, self serving ideologue becomes glaringly apparent.

HM

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Obama's a putz.

16. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Allright, I won't speak to YOUR President. I respect the office but not the stooge presiding in it.

Robert

17. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Well said, Barry...well said.

By popular proclaim, Obama is a indeed a putz AND he is a little petsl who is completely farkakt.

However, he is the President and we must always honor the office....the man, not so much

18. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

From previous comments on this thread and others it's pretty clear that many of the writers don't agree with Obama's asking Israel to help establish a Palestinian state using the 1967 borders with some mutually agreed on adjustment.

So, I am wondering what previous commenters believe Israel should do.

19. eightbore

You guys aren't watching the Mizbama shots of her disembarking from the plane both going to and returning from Great Britain. She is starting to wear really big tents and her butt is just enormous. Check it out. Bama will be poking the maid post haste. Of course, Dems don't often get caught, just the real idiots.

20. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

It is impossible to agree with rolling the borders back to 1967 because the enemy would be 11 miles from Tel Aviv. What's that, about the distance from the D.C. beltway to the center of town. Look at the maps and you'll understand.

Here is a map to show you.

www.moonhowlings.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/borders.gif

I can't believe the president said something so stupid. And he is in charge of our defense system.

What should Israel do? What they must to survive. No thanks to our president.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.