1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Please don't flame me?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Claymuncher, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

I just read a thread where the OP asked or more like begged not to get flamed if he just asks a simple question. Are the flamers and wrestlers having that much affect on shooters asking for information? How many are not posting having to worry about it?

Oh please don't flame me for asking!

CM

2. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

I just read a thread where the OP asked or more like begged not to get flamed if he just asks a simple question. Are the flamers and wrestlers having that much affect on shooters asking for information? How many are not posting having to worry about it?

Oh please don't flame me for asking!

CM

3. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

This is good practice for a shootoff.

If you can't ignore the common "flea bites" from the trolls on this site you will not be able to ignore their flapping, yapping, scratching and figiting two pads over at the club.

Don't feed the trolls.

sportshot_2008_0303242.jpg

4. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Good point! Who gave you that picture of me.........

CM

5. copper

copper Member

How long have you been shooting trap, I shoot with a few great guys and have lots of fun from time to time had to get past the self absorbed rude bunch they are no fun and will drive you off and usually not the best shots either they are braver here pick your friends. I have meet some great people here. I have been around game off and on more off than on for almost 40 years .

6. APrice

APrice Active Member

I have meet some great, well-educated people here also.

7. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

You can't sweat things like that. I shoot trap, skeet and sporting and I can't say I've ever had a problem with anyone or them with me. But, I have found there is a difference in shooters and their approach to the games. I know I'm a pretty decent guy with a few quirks and would do anything in my power to help anyone with anything. You can't go through life worrying about s#i^ like that. I believe if you met the guys on here at their respective clubs the majority would be great guys to shoot with.

8. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

As a student of the sport and an information junkie, I try to be helpful on a couple forums. One that I have stopped going to, not this one, seems to be littered with posters that are just looking to stir the pot on just about anything and never seem to add anything constructive to a question or discussion. There are a few on here, but for the most part, I find this the most informative and useful forum I read. I also appeciate the category format, which makes it easier to skip the buy/sell and off topic stuff. Mark

9. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

++++ To above

I was just curious if it actually kept anyone from posting. I have read on threads before where the OP said "sorry I posted" or "I will never make that mistake again" because he got wrestled right of the bat. Some folks are shy about posting a question anyhow let alone thinking they might get bashed. Your right, A few make a lot of noise but no one should worry about them. If a shooter has a question or problem they should feel free to post.

CM.

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

CM. Thread posters are in the few hundreds. Just posters number probably double that. weekly viewers that to do not post are in the thousands. Higher during the spring summer months

The flaming does not bother people.

11. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Interesting that the "diarrhea" posters have been silent so far?

The shame is that these same people run new shooters off from gun clubs too. At least in person most folk's BS meters can help to sort out the trolls. When you see that the guy extolling the wonders of #x shot and x choke and brand x gun shoot a 15, it is easier to ignore any more sage advice.

Michael

12. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

There are lots of good data on how what kinds of personalities look for sites where they can rip people behind the vale of their on-line names. Kooks and cowards.

We have a few here, but hey, ignore them and move on.

There are so many helpful and thoughtful people on this site who don't make crazy, racist, hurtful and attacking comments.

Just let the others make fools of themselves with their crazy talk.

Trapshooters are the best group of people around, with few exceptions.

13. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Worst toasting I ever got on here was about 3 years ago during a discussion about increasing participation for ATA events. My idea was to add a few categories to the big shoots similar to the Sub-Veteran class the EC has added. Nearly boooed me off the stage. It's cool though I have thick skin.

I am sure there are many on here that still think more caetgories are a lousy idea, everyone has the right to their opinion. Paying for the trophies the main issue for many, although it always boils down to the shooters paying for the trophies in the end.

14. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

You have to have a thick hide here on TS.com. If you don't then go some place else. Not to be a smartass but just stating the facts.

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I hate to admit it, but i agree with Auctioneer. I received no special treatment when i first came on here. I can remember all to clear getting smacked around. I finally put on my big boy panties and played along.

16. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

My first thread was in 1997 and it was regarding a health issue. By the 3rd post of wise ass remarks, I deleted the thread and didn't come back for some time. After almost daily participation since then, my skin is so thick I could repell an armour piercing bullet with ease. I think???

milt

17. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

It is really simple. If you have useful information with which to answer an inquiry, answer it like a gentleman. If you can't muster up that much maturity, go back to your playpen until you grow up! This is supposed to be an information sharing website, not a platform for a bunch of disgrundled angry assholes.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

NQ27: Who made you judge and jury of who is right or wrong. You want to play with nothing but gentlemen then I suggest to your bridge club. Shooters are adults who say what's on their mind. Some are a little crude, some are polished and some just don't give crap what you think.

Most of us talk the same way that we talk at the club and if you can't handle that then go to the kiddie or ladies site. Now Mr. Sofistication you have now started this fight by calling this site "a platform for a bunch of disgrundled angry assholes".

Now if you can't handle the posters on this site good and bad I would suggest you look elsewhere, maybe even the religious channel.

Don

19. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Bigdon, thanks, you just proved his point to a T. I just knew you could to. Are you off your nice pills again? OH sorry, you were never on any. Your just being yourself.

20. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Imodium, anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

will i meet assholes trap shooting