1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Please define

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

There is a SxS FS that bears the description "skeet grade trap gun". I've sent PM but no reply.
    I'm interested but wondering. All help is appreciated.

Larry

2. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Skeet grade trap gun is the same as a Muslim Christian President. A made up name or rebranding of something that's being misrepresented. It's either a trap or a skeet grade. Probably being sold by a guy that knows little about shotguns. I've seen the same thing on GunBroker.com before.

3. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Just be careful that this isn't an ad from Willie Johnson. Someone has been using that name to try to scam people on all kinds of gun related stuff. Sounds like something he would say..."skeet grade trap gun".
    Be Careful!!

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Fishy fishy in the brook come & bite upon my hook. Ross

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

It may be from a William, but these guys are up the wrong stream on this one;)

6. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

I am not an expert by any means...

But it is my understanding that Winchester used the terms "Trap" and "Skeet" with regards to its side-by-side Model 21 as indicators of gun grade -- similar to Browning using the term Pigeon or Midas or Lightning.

I have been told by serious Model 21 collectors that you can have a Model 21 marked "Trap" which configuration is not suitable for the game of trap at all.

Likewise for "Skeet".

Rumor has it that there are Model 21s marked both "Skeet" and "Trap". The Rock Island Firearms Auction Company sold one so marked at auction this past weekend.

I have Model 21's marked "Trap" that are strictly field hunting guns.

Making statements about what has been made or not made in the past is always a tricky thing.

It's like folks who say there has never been a 3-inch 16 gauge, but look in your Winchester Model 21 collectors book and there is a clear picture of one with factory engraving/rollmark.

Every time I think I am beginning to understand Winchester Model 21s or gun collecting in general I get corrected.

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Hammer1 & Pat nailed it. If the gunis a M21 it could be legit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.