1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

please advise on swelling

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Capt. Morgan, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

See a competent medical professional! This isn't the place!

Morgan

2. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Assuming you're talking about your face swelling and not the wood on your gun swelling, common sense says to limit sodium and drink lots of water throughout the day to minimize water retention. Common sense also says to call your doctor and make an appointment.

3. docrtaylor

docrtaylor TS Member

i am not sure where you are swelling in your cheeks and or neck or if you are just experiencing a normal thing. Everybody is taller when they wake up in the morning. what is happening as we sleep the vertebral disks are filling up with fluid (like a sponge) so in the morning we are slightly taller then as the day goes on.

Have you ever noticed having to readjust the rear view mirror at night? cuz we get shorter.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Just to throw something in the fire, when I recently lost 15 lb, I had to LOWER the comb on my trap gun. I was shooting over everything, and when I put it on paper, it was higher than a kite!

Go figure it.

Many of us do not eat like we should. Last night, we had our monthly Pot Luck at church. I relapsed. Too much good food! I am back on chicken and steamed veggies for a while.

You might think about how you eat, and come up with a permanent plan, AFTER you go see your Doctor.

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Fluid retention can be caused by several things. Congestive heart failure is one, really need to see a Dr. If using steroids (Prednisone, or Methylprednisolone) it will also cause fluid retention. Lasix, and potassium is what I take, when I have a fluid flare up. Doctors orders,

Sarge, Capt Morgan, Browning Girl, and Shooting Coach, all gave good advise.
    Watching the diet, plenty of water,less sodium very important. But you really need to check with your Doctor. That's how I got mine under control.

Good Luck, J.Woolsey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.