1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE A HEADS UP: 2 STOLEN GUNS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hi,

I'm posting this for a friend who doesn't "do" computers. Last Wednesday, 10-28-09, he had two guns stolen from the back of his vehicle. This occured at Triple B's Shooting Park at 1 pm. That Shooting Park located in the greater Los Angeles, California area, in South El Monte. His car is a Jeep and had a canvas top. The thieves used a late model Ford pickup and blocked their activities via use of a mattress standing upright in the bed of the truck.

The thieves very quickly took: 1. Krieghoff K-80 combo shotgun, an RT model, which is relatively rare. (Removable Trigger Trapgun) The gun was made in 1991. 2. A nice field grade Remington Model 31 with very nice custom wood.
    3. A leather shooting bag with many accessories including, but not limited to, Decot glasses with many plano lenses, Ljutic and Kohler choke tubes, tools, gauges, smaller shooting bags, brass knock-out rods, toe pads, etc., etc. The shooting bag was almost brand new and purchased from Shotgun Sports Magazine; one of those nice $300.00 bags.

My friend is just crushed and shocked by this loss. If somebody offers you any item that might be related to this heist, please contact the local police and me, David, at 323-664-4554 for particulars. Friend has a hunch that non-shooters burglarized his vehicle, but those burglars had a sense of what they were doing and how to do it...they left his cell phone and GPS in the Jeep, although they did rifle through the area where same were located.

(And, as he said, with just a glimmer of humor behind this trajedy, "they even took my cigars and case for the cigars"...he is a cigar afficiando.)

So...this is 1. A heads up, don't take any gunclub for granted re. security, outsiders can wander in and be ignored and 2. Any suspicious K-80 RT offered to you should raise your eyebrows and contact to me will be appreciated and 3. The same for any nice Model 31 Remington and/or any other shooting goodies, particularly in the So-Cal area, e.g. the low-life thief or thieves finding their way fit to go to Oaktree, Redlands, etc. to sell the stolen items.

Thanks,

David Buchman
    Los Angeles

2. dzneff

dzneff Member

Another reason to carry gun insurance.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

David, I hope your friend gets his guns back!! All the other things too!

I had 7 of my guns stolen out of my home in the early 80s in CA, several years later I did get back 2 of my old model 12s and was tickled pink! Almost 27 years have gone by now.

Hap

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Like most guns they will be found in some crack house. That has happened to a number of stolen guns in my area. Police raid a crack house and there are the guns what were used to trade for drugs. Hope the the local police are doing raids soons and find them.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If they would just legalize drugs, all of this nonsense would end. Uh-huh.

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

may a quick post on Craig's list might help????? not sure if they would take it and an anonymous listing might work

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I also forgot to mention: The K-80 was with my friend to be given to a gunsmith; the bottom barrel did not cock. I am assuming thieves do not frequent this website!

I also need to clarify: by "non shooters" I meant people who were not at the park to shoot, and they were not occasional or regular shooters in any shooting game or regulars who hung out. Our inner city shooting park, Triple B's, is, afterall, open to anybody who is in the area..so criminals go where there is something to steal. Sorry if the preceding sounded offensive by suggesting avid hobbyist/competitive shooters are suspect. And by no means do I wish to imply that Triple B's is a hotbed of theft; all big city venues of any kind are likely less secure than those in suburban and rural areas and "it is what it is"..we are fortunate to have a place to shoot in the middle of Los Angles County.

Oh, and handguns...(and hijacking my own thread a bit), but use of a handgun is very, very, very, problematical in California, particularly in urban areas. Lethal weapons in California are, I believe, illegal to use to protect property; may only be used to prevent saving one's life and then only if one cannot escape serious harm or death etc. I BELIEVE this is the case in California.

---David

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

From your description of the theft I think the thieves might be shooters. I can't believe they'd take the leather bag if they didn't know about the "rare" Removable Trigger feature of the Kgun. Was there an extra trigger in the bag? I think they might have been around a conversation with the owner and others while talking about the RT feature. Think back and see if you can remember a scenario like that. Might give you an idea of who the thief was.

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

From your description of the theft I think the thieves might be shooters. I can't believe they'd take the leather bag if they didn't know about the "rare" Removable Trigger feature of the Kgun. Was there an extra trigger in the bag? I think they might have been around a conversation with the owner and others while talking about the RT feature. Think back and see if you can remember a scenario like that. Might give you an idea of who the thief was.

10. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Keeping the guns in a rag-top jeep didn't help much. I've woried about that myself back when I had a Jeep. I don't trust the crowd at OakTree much these days. The regular shooters are gentlemen enough but the lot is open to anyone and there is the rub. So, I leave nothing in the truck. If I'm going to frequent the club's watering hole I case my gun and put it on the floor next to my table. I will indeed keep my eyes peeled.

11. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

David: We have posted this on NHSC bulletin board at the range and will be sending it out to our mailing list members to be on the look out. Fred

12. joconnor

joconnor Member

Reward, reward, reward. And large enough to get attention. Run it in the newspaper. That is the only thing that lead to recovery of our guns.
    Jerry O'Connor

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

2strait, There's some things you shouldn't own up to, at least voluntarily like that. LOL. Best of luck in getting the guns back, Bob

14. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Yep twostraight,

It's a bitch having to put up with thieves so I can shoot all year round.

It must be a REAL bitch only getting to shoot 3 months out of the year in North Dakota...once the thieves have cleaned out California, they're headed your way.

Believe me, the legitimate shooters in California stick together and will find these jerks.

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Fred: A public thank you for your and NHSC's help. David

16. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Bucko, you keep living there and putting up with all the extra B.S. I personally would not even visit the chump state called California let alone live there. You would think people would get smart enough and move out of that state but if you do decide to, please don't move to Idaho. We like it just the way it is without all the riff raff.

17. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I had a bass player in the band I was in in the 70s that had a Fender amp taken from his van in his driveway. The cop on the case told him to take a shot and put an ad in the paper saying he was looking to buy a Fender amp in the price range of about bla bla bla. The ad went in the paper and 2 days later he got a hit. He went to look at the amp and sure enough it was his. He told the guy he had to get the ok from his father to buy it and would be back with his dad to check it out. His dad that came back was the cop that told him to put the ad in the paper. Bad guy in jail amp returned. It might be worth a try. Even if the thief can"t read someone he knows may.

18. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Threedeuces,

I already own three properties in Idaho and plan on moving there when I retire.

I'm bringing all the Democraps with me so they can terrorize you IDA-HO's while I shoot at your trap ranges.

I know you boys like to shoot, so maybe you can take a few shots at the thieves we have here (that I'll bring to Idaho with me). Then you boys can really belly ache about Riff Raff.

Make sure to lock up your guns! We're out to get yours!!!

19. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Why a decent thread like this trying to help a fellow shooter turn into shooters against each other only because they live in different states?

Is California the only state that has thieves? Did thieves in California made it the 7th largest economical entity in the world? I have a very good friend lives 4 months in Hailey, Idaho, and 8 months in L.A. California. He would never give up his life in L.A. What's riff Raff?

20. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Most of our "reff-raft" are not Californians,,,they are transplants from the other 49,,,mostly the North East,,,then CA gets blamed for it. It is not the whole state, just the over populated areas. Sorry about that,,,I just keep mine locked, and shoot 12 months a year (most of the time in shorts and t-shirt.
    Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.