1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PLAXICO BURRISS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

No CCW permit either. Bulge

2. JOND

JOND TS Member

Will probably get off because of his "celebrity" status! Or,maybe his mommy didn't hug him enough! JOND

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

No jond,,,he is going up the river just like Vick,,,

Anyone care to make a wager???????

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

It is customary to plead not guilty when charged with a crime. If you were to plead guilty at the first appearance the attorney would have no opportunity to bargain with the prosecutor. Bargaining to work out a plea can sometimes result in a lesser charge or reduced sentence.

5. JOND

JOND TS Member

Why should his sentence be lessened;if convicted? Why should the charges be reduced? Is he better than everybody else? JOND

6. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

who cares !!!!!! , waterhouselake hit the nail right on the head

7. mdshuping

mdshuping TS Member

Jerry Jones will hire him for the cowboys just like packman

8. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

It is not that this particular defendant should have his charges or sentence reduced. A good defense attorney will try to get the charges and/or sentence reduced for his client no matter who he is. That is the way the system works. A judge should give no favors to a defendant just because he is an athlete or is otherwise well known.

9. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Possibly worried about Plaxico getting all the media coverage, the entire Buffalo Bills team shot themselves in the foot (feet) this weekend! Bills fan (dont know why) in Binghamton. Ed Nichols

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Live 40 min. from the stadium and I hate the Bills. Been there once. Never again.I love the game, but a lot of the fans are a little tough to take.

I'm thinking that carrying in NYC with no permit is a minimum of a year incarceration, max is 7. But here's the rub with New York state: If the judge gives him 1 yr., or 365 days, he can do that in county jail, which can probably be turned into house arrest or some other bs, good behavior, etc.

But if the judge gives him a year and a day, then he goes "upstate", which means state prison.

He'll probably get the year, but with Bloomberg as the mayor of NYC, maybe he will go upstate. Bloomberg is a major anti-gunner.

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Bloomberg said "It would be an outrage if he is not prosecuted to the fullist extent of the law" It don't sound good for this brother.

12. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Typical spoiled ghetto punk! They have ruined the great game of football as well!

AndyH

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a CCW but it still is illegal to carry a gun where they serve booze. In Idaho you cannot even have a beer in your system and carry. Once you consume, the CCW is not good

14. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

NYC has a mandatory sentence for illegal gun possession - I think Bernie Goetz was the only person who was ever charged with just this crime and actually went away on the conviction but Bloomberg hates guns and this clown (Burress) was not defending himself but was quite simply showing off and clearly doesn't even know how to carry a concealed weapon. As I recall, Bernie Goetz actually got a lighter jail sentence originally but it got increased when he appealed due to the way the NYC statute is written.

I realize that very strange things happen in the legal system and if the lawyers can get the charges reduced or changed to something other than gun possession, he might get off without jail. But if they charge him with gun possession and he goes to court - if the verdict is guilty, he is going to jail.

15. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

What is the old lawyer's line from the "Wizard of Id"? "Every defendant is innocent...until proven broke." Regards, Ed

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I never heard of Plaxico until this incident, I'm not much of a football fan. From what I read he accidentally shot himself in the leg? Is that correct? And now "they" want to hang him because he didn't have a permit?

I'll go along with "hanging" him for lack of proper firearms handling. He should of did better.

Hanging him for not having a permit?? Can't go along with that, isn't the 2nd amendment his permit? Why should we have to obtain a permit, when it is our God given right to protect ourselves?

I own several hand guns, and I don't have a permit. Our 2nd amendment tells me I don't have to have a permit, the constitution limits the power of government, not free men.

Hang Plaxico for unsafe handling of a firearm, but not for possession of a firearm.

17. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

and the hospital that treated him did not report the incident as required by law so the DA wants to talk to them too...

18. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Bisi - Just a bit of information for you. I do not disagree with your points on the right to bear arms but just want to tell you a bit about NY law. NY State requires all pistols to be registered to the owner and for the owner to have a pistol license. NY City has an additional requirement and to have a pistol there, you must also have a NYC permit - even retired NY police must get one. Concealed carry for a citizen in NY City is nearly impossible to get but unlike DC, residents and business owners in NYC can get a premises permit (it does take time). I used to live in NY state and the laws there have been like that since forever.

So my old NY pistol license listed each pistol I owned by model and serial number. I could not possess (as in hold in my hands) a pistol that was not listed on that license unless I was at a range and was shooting a buddies gun and he was standing right next to me. If I went into a gunshop and asked to see a pistol, the first thing the shop asked was to see my license. If you wanted to buy another gun, you had to choose the one you wanted, write down the info and go to the police and get a purchase permit for it. You could then go back to the gunshop, get the gun and then go back to the police department to have the information recorded on your records and license.

My license was no good in NYC - I would have been in the same mess as burress even though I had a NY State license. But anywhere else in the state, if an incident like that (shooting myself in a bar) would have occurred to me, I would not have been arrested, but I would soon have received a letter stating my license was at least suspended or revoked and to come down to the station and turn over my guns.

19. BustClays

BustClays Member

Anyone find out what type of handgun it was? I know that hand guns often discharge by themselves, at least that's what I read in the media. Especially dangerous when being unloaded or cleaned, I also learned that in the media.

bustclays

20. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Glock with a LOOSE nut behind the trigger,,,,,,,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.