1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Plastic Wad Fouling Follow Up

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FNG, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

A while back I posted a question about removing the plastic wad fouling from by barrels. In addition to some suggestions about different wads, someone suggested getting a better brush from Brownells. I sent off and got a can of their bore cleaner and a dozen of their premium brushes. What a difference ! No more electric drills or waiting half a day for the solovent to work on the plastic deposits. After dipping in the solvent, few passes with these brushes, which appear to be a bit larger diameter and are definitely stiffer, a couple passes with a patch, and the bores look like new ! Thanks for the tip.

2. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Sounds good - maybe you could name the exact p/n or name of the items you purchased ?

3. FNG

FNG Member

Glad to !
    "12ga. Double Tuff Bore Brushes" p/n 084-142-012
    "Shotgun Wad Solvent" p/n 083-135-004

I haven't tried the brushes with my other wad solvents so I don't know which one made the most difference but I strongly suspect it was the buushes and not necessarily the solvent. Most of the solvents seem to be much the same. These brushes are noticeably tighter to push through the barrels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
plastic wad fouling solvent

removing plastic wad fouling