1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Plastic buildup in choke tube

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DomeBuster, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DomeBuster

DomeBuster TS Member

Just wondering if others are finding that Remington TGT125 Green wads leave more plastic buildup in their choke tubes than others? I shot about 150 rounds and had a good amount of plastic buildup in the last 1/2 inch of my choke tube. Can't seem to find any other buildup anywhere else. I clean my gun after every use so its not an issue but think I might want to try some wads that don't leave as much buildup. I'm using a STS hull, 18.4 grains of Clays, TGT125 wad, 1 1/8th of 7.5's. Thanks for your time.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Try the Downrange clone of that wad.

DR-RT12

BTW, its a TGT-12S (the S is for stitched petals)

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I always have good results with the Rem tgt12s. The Down Range clone is as good maybe even better. All wads leave plastic in my chokes, the worst was the yellow winchester target wad. Not really a problem, just do a little cleaning now and then.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

i've been noticing some pretty excessive buildup w/ TGT12s as well, as much or more so than claybusters. Will be looking for an alternative at the end of the year, and downrange is the probable substitute...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

plastic build up in choke tube