1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Planning a fishing trip

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jimborn, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

I have fished Kodiak Alaska, and the Florida Keys, enjoyed them both. Am planning a trip next spring for another adventure. Any past experience with other areas would be appreciated. Thanks Jim

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Rainbows in New Zealand.

3. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Lake Ontario Pike Musky Salmon and Steelehead.

4. fiftystr8

fiftystr8 TS Member

Lake Erie walleye & smallmouth

5. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Try blue and black marlin fishing in Panama (Tropic Star Lodge) with a shot at huge yellow fins (tuna) in the 200-300lb range; Pacific sailfish in Costa Rica (Crocodile Bay Lodge). Been to both places multiple times and have come back with great memories and pictures.

6. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

What about flyfishing the Blue ribbon fisherries of the Amerrican West?? Yellowstone, Gallatin, Missouri, etc.

FN in MT

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I second the Rainbows in NZ!!!!

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Jim, not sure as to what kind of fishing you might pursue but I can tell you of a place where you can camp and catch the most largemouth bass of your life. It is in central California and is an extremely well kept secret. I have fished it a number of times and often caught over 500 bass a week.(two of us fishing out of the same boat) Early in the morning and late in the evening fish a buzz bait for an awsome time. I have made 7 casts and reeled in 5 smallmouths which weighted over 5 pounds each. The largest bass(they are Florida strain largemouths) I caught was 9 lbs 2 ozs. Not the biggest bass but definitely top catches. Give me a call or email me if interested. Jackie B.

Ph 912 449 1010

9. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I agree with Chichay, Panama and Costa Rica, Chichay did you use to work in the Zone? My older brother was a Cop in Balboa, I was there in 69, great fishing

Rick

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Noodling in KS, OK, or TX. Play with ole whiskers, close up and perssonal.

11. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

I just had a friend that got back from Yellowstone and he said it was somewhere between incredible and unbelievable. I never fished much, but I'm definately thinking about making a trip out next year with him.

12. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

I have fished Kodiak Alaska, and the Florida Keys, enjoyed them both. Am planning a trip next spring for another adventure. Any past experience with other areas would be appreciated. Thanks Jim

13. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Rainbows in New Zealand.

14. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Lake Ontario Pike Musky Salmon and Steelehead.

15. fiftystr8

fiftystr8 TS Member

Lake Erie walleye & smallmouth

16. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Try blue and black marlin fishing in Panama (Tropic Star Lodge) with a shot at huge yellow fins (tuna) in the 200-300lb range; Pacific sailfish in Costa Rica (Crocodile Bay Lodge). Been to both places multiple times and have come back with great memories and pictures.

17. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

What about flyfishing the Blue ribbon fisherries of the Amerrican West?? Yellowstone, Gallatin, Missouri, etc.

FN in MT

18. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I second the Rainbows in NZ!!!!

19. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Jim, not sure as to what kind of fishing you might pursue but I can tell you of a place where you can camp and catch the most largemouth bass of your life. It is in central California and is an extremely well kept secret. I have fished it a number of times and often caught over 500 bass a week.(two of us fishing out of the same boat) Early in the morning and late in the evening fish a buzz bait for an awsome time. I have made 7 casts and reeled in 5 smallmouths which weighted over 5 pounds each. The largest bass(they are Florida strain largemouths) I caught was 9 lbs 2 ozs. Not the biggest bass but definitely top catches. Give me a call or email me if interested. Jackie B.

Ph 912 449 1010

20. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I agree with Chichay, Panama and Costa Rica, Chichay did you use to work in the Zone? My older brother was a Cop in Balboa, I was there in 69, great fishing

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.