1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Places to shoot trap - Caldwell, ID???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Djones, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djones

Djones TS Member

I will be visiting the Caldwell area this coming weekend for a family gathering. Some of my family members would like to go shoot a few lines of trap. Looking for a range that is open on Saturday.
    e-mail flash.bang@comcast.net
    Thanks, Don

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Caldwell has a trap club, south of the west exit on I-84, listed phone 208-378-4385.

Boise has a club, south of the airport a ways, phone 208-344-2277.

Ontario Oregon has a club, out west of town near the airport, phone 541-889-4002.

I'm sorry that I don't know hours of operation, but perhaps someone from that end of the State will post.

3. Djones

Djones TS Member

Thanks for the tips, I checked the web and found the hours for the Boise club, but I have been unable to figure out what the hours are on the Caldwell club which is closest. Is the Caldwell club open on Saturday? I see they are located near the old stock yard.

Thanks, Don

4. Djones

Djones TS Member

I got the info I needed on the Caldwell Gun Club, they are open on Saturday 11:45am to 5:00pm.
    Thanks, Don

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Glad to hear you got what you needed. Enjoy. If you ever come east, look us up.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You will be treated a lot better as strangers at Caldwell than Boise. I found Boise to be a pretty unfriendly and clickish club when I moved here 6 years ago and I have not been back but a couple times.

7. Djones

Djones TS Member

Caldwell is about 3 miles from the farm, we plan on going there.

Don

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Djones - take plenty of mosquito repellant. Thats a drawback at Caldwell, they have a couple stagnant ponds across the road and the mosquito's are bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.