1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Places to shoot near Lancaster, Lititz, PA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Wayne of PA, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

It’s official. I start my new job at the Watch Technicum in Lititz April 9th.

Once I get settled, I’ll be looking for places to shoot during the week. After an email from Frank Good and checking the club listings on shootata.com, I came up with the following places.

It seems Manheim is the closest approximately 8 miles from my door step. Although I am looking forward to shooting there I also notice the following clubs listed. If there are anymore I should know about please let me know.

Manheim Sportsman,

Conewago,

Southern Lancaster Sportsman,

New Holland Rod and Gun,

I am also interested in Myerstown and Palmyra which seemed to be less then 25 miles away. I shot the Palmyra club once when attending a Phil Kiner clinic. Myerstown club I know is located right along 501.

Any information or other clubs I am not aware of would be appreciated. Thanks,

Dale

2. antique

antique TS Member

Wayne call me at 717-872-2778. Jim Burk

3. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Hi Dale

Welcome to Lancaster County. Will be looking forward to shooting a few rounds with you.

Frank

4. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks Jim and Frank. I appreciate both your replies and look forward to shooting at both clubs.

Dale

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Not too sure about where to shoot out there, but there's a gun shop in Columbia called Backwoods Outfitters (on Ironville Pike).

Run by Tom Weimann (717-684-2017) - very sad comment on me in that I knew that number without looking it up... Anyway - great shop, great prices - if anyone knows where to shoot it will be him.

Might want to check out Executive Buying services in Lancaster proper - high end 'old' shotguns (you'll need to call for an appointment) and take bags of money.

David D

6. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks David, If I get down that way, I'll be sure to check it out.

I just got an email about a club called Cocalico near Denver PA. Looks like a nice place to shoot according to the web site. Another club to add to the list. Thanks Fred,

Dale,

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Wayne, I just set a Victor (rat!) trap and noticed it was made in Lititz. Are they beating a path to your door?

Neil

8. gunner53

gunner53 TS Member

Check out Cocalico Sportsman Club outside of Denver Pa. We shoot ATA big 50 program each Thursday starting at 4pm till approx. 9pm.. Great group of shooters and always welcome newcombers. Also our club shoot of 50 targets non registered is the 2nd Sunday of each month have breakfast and lunch available on those days. J Weaver Denver if you need directions email me

9. gunner53

gunner53 TS Member

oh sorry Cocalico Sporstman has a website which I forgot to show here it is.

10. Duboids

Duboids TS Member

Hello,
    I also shoot at Colcalico Sportsman every Thursday and like Gunner53 said a great place to shoot. The Sunday shoots are the second Sunday of each month, best 4 dollar Breakfast around. I work right down the road from where you work, you might be able to smell it if the wind is blowing right. http://www.wilburbuds.com/
    See you at Cocalico. http://www.cocalicosportsmen.org/
    http://www.slcfsa.com/home.htm
    http://southendgc.com/

11. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like Cocalico is approximately 15 miles away according to the Yahoo Driving Directions. At least I'll be able to get a few register targets in. My shooting season will definitely be cut short this year with the new job.

PS, Are those Wilbur Buds good?

Dale

. Turn on FURNACE HILLS PIKE[PA-501] - go 3.2 mi

3. Turn on E BRUBAKER VALLEY RD - go 2.3 mi

4. Turn on US-322 - go 0.3 mi

5. Make a Sharp Turn on N CLAY RD - go 1.1 mi

6. Turn on HOPELAND RD - go 0.5 mi

7. Continue on MT AIRY RD - go 3.8 mi

8. MT AIRY RD becomes QUEEN ST - go 0.3 mi.

9. Turn on SWAMP BRIDGE RD - go 1.2 mi.

10. Turn on WOLLUPS HILL RD - go 0.7 mi.

11. Continue on GREENVILLE RD - go 0.8 mi

12. Bear on SPORTSMAN RD - go 0.8 mi.

13. Arrive at 585 SPORTSMAN RD, DENVER.

12. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Dale

Wilbur Buds are very good, get the dark chocolate ones.

Frank

13. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for the heads up on the Wilbur Buds. I'll be sure to try the milk and the dark.

Is there any infomation to share on Conewago and New Holland?

Thanks,

Dale

14. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

I shoot at these clubs and could recommend shooting at these clubs. At on time I was the trap chairman at Conewago. It is now run by Bob Welcomer. You can get additional info on their web site.

I get to New Holland once a year to shoot their County Championship shoot in August. This shoot is a big draw, 100, 16 yard targets non-registered. They also run registered shoots, Frank Bair runs this club. Additional info can be found on the ATA web site for Pa.

Good luck

Frank

15. WTW

WTW Member

Dale, The Oxford Gun club shoots every Thursday night from 4:30 till 10:00. Our first registered shoot will be Saturday April 14th. On Thursday nghts we shoot practice and meat. We usualy have around 50 to 60 meat squads and around 100 practice shooters. With this cold weather our shooting has slowed up, but by April it should be back to normal. It's about 20 miles south of Southern Lancaster County Sportsman. I'll probaly see you there, I am there every Tuesday night giving Jim a hand.

Ted Wallace

16. Mac V

Mac V Guest

17. rslus

rslus TS Member

South End Gun Club located in Reading, PA shoots registered and non-registered shoots. Shoots are held every Wednesday morning, Friday nights and the first,second and fourth Sundays of the month. If you email me your address, I will mail out our 2007 shoot program. You can also visit our website. www.southendgc.com

Bob S.

18. rslus

rslus TS Member

South End Gun Club located in Reading, PA shoots registered and non-registered shoots. Shoots are held every Wednesday morning, Friday nights and the first,second and fourth Sundays of the month. If you email me your address, I will mail out our 2007 shoot program. You can also visit our website. www.southendgc.com

Bob S.

19. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for all the information on the local clubs. I plan to try them all.

Dale,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.