1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Place your bets...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kgp912kgp, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Not wanting to hijack one other thread.

I am taking bets on how much time it will take for us to find ammo (shotgun/rifle/pistol) and components regularly available again.

1st bet: 6 months

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I think you will see a lot of availability of ammo and components (excluding .223) in March and April, 2013.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You're dreaming. HMB

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

O'Bummer, best gun salesman ever!! The industry will be thanking him down the line, or perhaps the shareholders. Hope we survive his crap.

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Care to wager on that hmb?

Think about it, component makers aren't going to close up shop over the threat of stricter gun control laws. How dumb would that be. If I owned the company, I would make and sell all I could during this panic/frenzied buying spree.

I couldn't get .22 Hornet ammo or components last year between January through about the middle of March. When the end of March and April arrived, everything was plentiful. I have no idea if manufacturers shut down toward the end of the year or if wholesalers and retailers just don't want much inventory at the end of the year or during the early first quarter of the year. Just speaking from my personal experience.

6. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Ill bet >6 months. If reloading components are prioritized toward commercial ammunition manufacturing, components by themselves will be non existant. The ammo manufacturer will jack the price of ammo out of sight. Like trapshooting isnt expensive enough already! The $5.00 box of shells will go the way of the $2.00 gallon of gas. But wait...I just read that the economy is improving!!!!

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

9 month to a year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.