1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Place toshoot around Hillsboro, IL.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by A23B, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A23B

A23B TS Member

Is there someplace around Hillsboro to shoot? Looks like I will be spending the winter there working for Peabody Coal.

Thanks Ed

2. Arkie

Arkie Member

I live in Hillsboro and manage the Nokomis Sportsmans Club about 22 miles to the club we shoot on Wed. nites. Practice at 6:00 pm. and a 50 bird derby at 8:00 pm. or dark. You can call me for dirctions at 217-851-4925. Shoot good Rick.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Brittany Shooting Park (home of the State Shoot) is about 25 miles due west and great place to shoot or practice. Good luck.

4. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Edwardsville, Decatur, & Warrensburg are a few more.

5. Ronnie

Ronnie TS Member

Ed,

KVS Club in Keyesport has a 50 bird derby every Friday night. We are also having a registerd shoot on Sunday. We are located about 45 min. south of Hillsboro. Let me know if you need more info.

Rhonda

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Lot's of great little clubs around............and one really big one.

7. kcp99

kcp99 Member

we shoot at a small club between hillsboro and litchfeild on thurs. nights . pratice starts around 6:00 5 bird matches start around 7:00 come on over new shooters are always welcome k.c.

8. Barry C. Roach

Is that the Litchfield Sportsman's Club?

9. kcp99

kcp99 Member

yes this would be the litchfeild sportsman club k.c.

10. Barry C. Roach

That's were it all started for me. Great memories and stories.

11. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

ed nast:

You weren't specific about what kind of shooting. So... if you are so inclined, there are two sporty clay places very close to H'boro. Sporties aren't my deal but I'm sure someone on here can name them if you're interested.

sissy

12. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

For some "real" targets there is Faller's Sporting Clays in the little town of Butler not 5 miles from Litchfield. They are great people as well. Don and Cindy Faller own and run it. Don can also set you up for some great waterfowl hunting if you do that.

13. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

ed nast:

Faller's and Prairie Chicken are the two sporty clays courses to which I referred.

Faller's is just outside the Village of Butler and less than 5 miles (7 minutes) from H'boro. Prairie Chicken is about 7 miles (10 minutes) south of H'boro on IL route 127.

sissy

14. Ronnie

Ronnie TS Member

Prairie Chickens Sporting Clays is no longer open. Pat shut down a few years ago when he retired. We have shot at Fallers - great course and great people. Hope to see some of you in Missouri.

Rhonda

15. Hammer 1214

Hammer 1214 TS Member

Hi kc missed you dove hunting at larry's this year. hope to see you around . and yes Litchfield sportsmans club good place to shoot 5 bird matches and fun games .lots of good people there. jack Reeves( Hammer) nice place to p/u a nicname too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.